Chapter 5

A/N
Really sorry for the late update. As I've explained in the previous chapter, I've got lots I'm dealing with at the moment. Before I start the chapter, thank you to everyone who's reading this. All your support means so much to me and I never expected this to do so well. Now, the chapter you've been waiting for.
Rhysand

Missing. Azriel's spies had reported her missing. He searched the whole of Prythian for her. But had found nothing. Not even a trace. Only these strange marks burned into the floor. They weren't marks of this world. Azriel couldn't recognise them and even Amren, who wasn't of this world either, didn't recognise them either. They were strange and obviously had some otherworldly, magical properties.

The room filled with shadow, Azriel was back. By the look on his face, I knew he had news. Bad news.
"Still nothing?" I asked him, silently hoping. He shook his head. My heart dropped. She was gone. I let loose all my emotions and engulfed myself in night. While hidden from the spymaster, I broke down. I heard Az and his spies leave, giving me some space to properly think about what had happened.

She was gone. My mate. Without me to protect her. Again. I stayed in that position until morning. Refusing to move until she was found.

A/N

I feel like this chapter wasn't very good so let me know what you think! I've been pressuring myself to finish this chapter for you guys so it's not my best work.

Thanks!!
X