Chapter One: The Gladiator Returns

For the longest time now, Neas teased himself with the notion of returning to his second home: Gallifrey.

The Shining World of Seven Systems.

Once located in the constellation of Kasterborous, at galactic coordinates 10-0-11-00:02 from Galactic Zero Centre, it was believed to have been destroyed, following the Last Great Time War.

But, in truth, it was frozen in time in a pocket universe for its own protection by thirteen incarnations of the Doctor.

Neas only knew this as fact because the Doctor himself told him...

...or Neas's original self, that is.

            It was a conversation the Doctor never expected her to remember, not under the circumstances in which they had it

At the time, Candace had crossed with over a dozen of her future regenerations, including her tenth – the one that would take on her Gallifreyan birth name. As such, certain facets of occurrences were erased from memory, once the Time Lady's personal timeline was back in order.

But the Doctor must have desperately wanted Candace to remember this one conversation; it reverberated in her subconscious through ten of her lives, with the tenth now deciding to take action.

Following new coordinates inputted in his subconscious, he reached Gallifrey at the extreme end of the time continuum, give or take a star system.

He never would've imagined to be staring out of his Type-Z T.A.R.D.I.S. towards the rust-colored planet with his father – at least, the fourth regeneration of him, self-named "Scarlet" on account of her long, curly fiery red hair – standing at his side.

Another had the honor as well, having the rare opportunity of seeing the alien planet from a human perspective. Her name was Jane Doe, or so it was the one given to her by the F.B.I., back in her home dimension. She first encountered Neas and Scarlet while on assignment; and, ever since, her life had been turned upside-down more than it already had.

 She first encountered Neas and Scarlet while on assignment; and, ever since, her life had been turned upside-down more than it already had