Chapter Eight: Chaos Begets Chaos

A small gathering of Compsognathus scattered as soon as they heard a heavy humming, grinding noise. Some curiously looked back to see what caused it, terrified to see a black rectangular solid materialize in the spot. It was mountainous in size from their miniscule statures. Not able to understand it, they fled further along the jungle.

Zoe was the first to step out as soon as the T.A.R.D.I.S. doors were opened.

She nearly had an attack when a brontosaurus passed right by their location; its footsteps thundering beneath her feet.

"Did we travel back to prehistoric times?"

"More like prehistoric times have come to us," said Chanley, emerging from the T.A.R.D.I.S. with Neas, Al-Lee, and Jane. "Welcome to Isla Nublar – otherwise known as 'Jurassic Park'. But now it's the site of the newest attraction: Jurassic World!"

"Thanks for the tour guide info," Neas derided, still distrusting her. "You've yet to tell us why you brought us here."

"It's where Missy is," Chanley told him.

"And, apparently, the Doctor, too!"

Zoe's enthusiastic claim was drawn by the mysterious presence of a blue police box that was parked not very far from Neas's Type-Z T.A.R.D.I.S.

            "What is that doing there?" a baffled Jane asked

Neas inquiringly frowned at the police box. "It's the Doctor's T.A.R.D.I.S."

"Looks a lot different from yours," Al-Lee noted.

"Well, mine doesn't have a chameleon circuit, for one thing. Plus, his is an older, out-of-date model, whereas mine was fresh out of the factory."

"If he's here right now, I can go back to my own time," Zoe beamed.

"And we can recruit his help in saving Daddy," Chanley stated.

"Let's get to it then," Neas remarked.

---------

"If you ask me, this is one of those moments we'll all look back on and laugh."

It amused Bradlee how little the Doctor's sense of humor changed over a few regenerations. There they were, standing handcuffed and detained in the Jurassic World control room, and he somehow managed to make light of it.

 There they were, standing handcuffed and detained in the Jurassic World control room, and he somehow managed to make light of it