Christian Borle

The sky looks pissed
The wind talks back
My bones are shifting in my skin
And you my love are gone

I thought about Chris for most of the day. From the moment I woke up, to where I am now, laying in bed with the soft hum of music plays in my room. We had gotten into a fight the day before.

"I can't do this anymore, you're gone so much and I never see you" "What are you saying?" "Chris, we need to break up" we fought back and fourth and I ended up crying. It ended with him walking out the door after saying one thing to me "I'll be back tomorrow night, I love you" I was facing away from him when he said this and as the door shut. It was stupid of me to say anything, but he was gone for weeks on end, sometimes not coming home until around 2 a.m.

My room seems wrong
The bed won't fit
I cannot seem to operate
And you my love are gone

I wanted our relationship to be like it was before he got the job being in Falsettos. It was an amazing opportunity and I just didn't wanna ruin that for him. I didn't want him to worry about me being all alone, no matter how upset I was. I felt bad about it, but I couldn't help the feeling that I had done something wrong.

So glide away on soapy heels
And promise not to promise anymore
And if you come around again
Then I will take
Then I will take
The chain from off the door

There was finally a knock on the door and I sprung out of bed, trying not to make noise as I walked to the door. "Who is it?" I asked, only to receive a sniffle and a small "Just open the door" from Christian. I opened it slowly and he was holding a small plastic bag, "I got you something". I took the bag from him silently and looked at it, it was a small silver ring in a small box. My eyes widened as I looked at him and he took my hand "It's a promise ring, don't worry" he said and I put my hand over my heart "You scared me" I smiled and he stepped in, closing the door.

I'll never say I'll never love
But I don't say a lot of things
And you my love are gone

"I'm sorry" I said, pulling him into a hug, dropping the box and the bag on the floor. "I get that you have to work late, I just began to think that you didn't wanna be around me" he hugged me tighter and put his cheek against mine "Never, I will never not want to be with you, I wanted to tell you something last night, and I didn't get the chance" he says slowly swaying us back and forth. "What is it" he pulled back as he continued to sway us "I know it's been a few months since we started going out officially, but a few months is all I need, and I knew from the moment I saw you".

So glide away on soapy heels
And promise not to promise anymore
And if you come around again
Then I will take
Then I will take
Then I will take
The chain from off the door

"Y/n, I love you with all of my heart" I smile at him and peck him on the lips "I love you too, dork".