Promise or No Promise

Alright. Let's do this! Enjoy loves. :*

"Han? Han!...Hanzo listen to me. Wake up!"

There was a dizzying haze of vertigo, and then the merman watched as the stars spinning about his vision disappeared into nothingness. He then hurriedly sat up to regard the pirate crouched down, calling out his name.

"What happened?" the siren asked, rubbing the sore spot on his temple that throbbed incessantly with firm, shaky fingertips. The pain quickly abated into a dull hum, and while it still pestered him, Hanzo was grateful that he was knocked out for the most part, not having to go through pain that was probably a hundred times worse than what he's feeling right now.

"Freak bucket flew in out of nowhere," McCree answered, debating on whether or not he should touch Hanzo to help him get back up on his newly acquired feet. "Probably fell from above 'cause of the wind; Storm's pickin' up fast--look at the horizon."

Swiveling in his spot, Hanzo slapped McCree's hand away and pulled his weight up to get a better view of the sea beyond the ship's walls.

And there it was.

From the horizon up, it was a menacing gradient of darkening shades of gray. Gigantic clouds that could double the size of mighty castles rose and rolled forth like puffy, billowing smoke from a wildfire, while faint strands of sirrius wisps littered the higher parts of the heavens like sharp feathers.
Beneath The Huckleberry, the waves calmly heaved back and forth, exuding a certain calm that eased Hanzo a little bit.

He hadn't even noticed that the sky had lost its luridness.

As the merman's eyes drew deeper than the frothy, undulating surface of the sea, his heart sank further as he took in how cold, dark, and uninviting the waters appeared to be; merman or not, even Hanzo had his reservations about diving into something he couldn't clearly discern.

So much for a swim.

From behind Seb rattled the panelled floor and ran up to McCree as he heaved a breath and broke out into a sweat. "Cap'n," he said, "Alonzo spotted land--"

"That's great!" McCree exclaimed with a relieved grin.

"--but it's really far!"

And just like that, Jesse's spirits were beaten into a pulp. The very thought of The Huckleberry being battered by the power of the ocean and breaking apart under the veil of a storm...well, he just couldn't stomach to even think about it.

"Well there's a storm comin' in." McCree slammed a fist unto the main mast, venting his anger out on the hard wood. "And if that storm reaches my ship, our asses are done for!"

Hanzo only stared, rubbing his sleeved arms as the air blew colder and colder. It surprised him that he actually wanted to alleviate the man's concern and do something to get his mind off his dear ship's impending doom. But as skilled and smart as he thinks he is, the siren knew he could do little about the captain's perturbation.

McCree reached into his pocket and fished out a familiar brown cylinder Hanzo had grown accustomed to. The tobacco roll was set in between the pirate's teeth before it was lit amber at the front with a silver whatsit the merman yet has to know the name of.

A lighter? Was it called a lighter?

Hanzo stood so deep in thought, he had not noticed The Huckleberry treading closer into a territory filled with giant waves that crashed into jagged black rocks, rising out of the water like the spikes of a giant sea urchin.

At the sight of it, McCree blanched and immediately headed up the ship's steering wheel, prompted by utter despair. His eyes strayed to the sails, which curved fully to take in the crashing speeds of the whistling gales.