Well, Shit

Last chapter of the book guys. It's a bittersweet moment but I'm happy to end it here. So come and join me y'all in the last chapter of our two boi's story, and live it til the very end. Sorry for the long wait.

Warning: lots and lots of swearing.

And some implied sexy times... Also very long.

Also check notes at the end of chapter. ;)

Let's go!

There came an end to the swirling abyss that was darkness, and Jesse McCree became one of the few to conquer it and see the light of the living world again. The journey seemed short in his mind's eye, but with a throbbing head turned to putty, he still had to make certain whether he was back home or somewhere else entirely.

"W-What...happened...?" the former pirate murmured, lifting a sore, heavy arm to block out some of the rays of white light that shone on his bloodshot orbs.

"You were an idiot--that's what happened."

There was a sharp spat that shot out from the empty spot beside him, and before McCree could muster the effort to swivel his neck and face the source of the harsh greeting, a blur of flesh and black and blue appeared before his visage, and it neared him inch by inch.

"How long was I out?" Jesse asked, closing his eyes shut as soon as he tried to open them.

"Two hours."

"Huh..." McCree hummed to himself as he attempted to prop his weight up on one shaking arm. A thoughtless move if you were to ask his strange companion. "I coulda sworn it'd at least be a day."

"Oh Captain, thank goodness yer awake!"

A few more voices joined in, and the number of dark blurs heightened in Jesse's hazy ken the longer the minutes passed by.

"I saw him..." he sputtered out in his stupor.

"Take it easy, captain-" Seb neared, pushing a broad palm down upon McCree's chest to lay him back down on the ground. But the old captain was as stubborn as a bull.

"I saw him," he insisted. "I saw Hanzo."

"I know," the familiar sharp voice replied gruffly. "You chased me down a hill. Like I said--what a foolish move to do."

"H-Han?" Jesse's eyes blew wide open, and he blinked harshly to cast back the tiny floating spots that obscured his vision. He thought of nothing more than sitting up to see his love once more, fearing that should he even tardy a single second, he could probably lose the only chance he'll have of seeing him ever again.

He cared not that there was a jackhammer going off on the surface of his temples, and he fought through the weakness, never forgetting to seize Hanzo by whatever his hands could lay themselves on the fastest.

"Hanzo...!" McCree was breathless, probably brought upon by a mix of disbelief and awe. "Han-!"

"I heard you the first time," the other snapped, rolling his amber eyes to the side. Though a condescending gesture, it was one familiarity Jesse was more than happy to see.

It really was Hanzo; his Hanzo.

Out of instinct, his eyes shifted downwards, and he found another baffling thing that only added up to the pile of the day's weird events.

"How?" McCree could only ask, not even knowing where to begin. "Y-you have legs...!"

"As I've done before. I believe you are well acquainted to it."