Gabriel Reyes

Oh fudge :|

Despite Hanzo's earlier warning, McCree insisted that the merman divulge how he had managed to save The Huckleberry as well as its crew and captain under the rage of that vehement storm.

Hanzo's hesitation was a hindrance, but a few minutes later, he gave in and decided to just tell Jesse everything to hush his begging and grant them both their peace of mind.

"Alright," Hanzo sighed, watching as his lower half turned into a pair of feet once more. How unfortunate that he discarded his borrowed garment from McCree when he plunged back into the sea--he had no choice but to go back to square one and instinctively cover the private junction in between his pale thighs.

"Don't look or I swear I will drown you," the siren groaned, looking over to the side as his face reddened.

McCree got up on shaky feet with some difficulty and scanned the stretch of the white shoreline to look for something that might be of use.

Clumps of brown kelp, a bunch of seaweed, some driftwood, a washed up tree branch--

And then, a familiar faded fabric riding atop the undulating waves came into his periphery.

Could it be?

Going nearer, the captain found that it was indeed what he thought it to be upon closer inspection: Hanzo's borrowed garment--and the black sash was swishing nearby! It floated about like pair of tentacles, or a snake to be more precise.

"Hold still, darlin'," McCree said, blue eyes never wavering from the object of interest, "I'll be right back."

The merman watched through the curtain of hair that flew over his face how the pirate set foot in the salwater and waddled to the bundle like a newly hatched penguin. Hanzo's lips curled up without his notice as he continued to observe the man with intrigue and amusement.

It made him happy that he was right to spare Jesse's life.

"I got it!" McCree hollered from where he stood. Lifting the soggy fabric over his head like a prized trophy, he made his way back to shore whilst battling the persistent drag of the water and the suction of the sand beneath his feet.

To save effort, he tossed the garment straight towards Hanzo and told him to wear it how he had awhile back.

At first the merman stared it down like he would a rotting piece of carcass; he knew well enough that if he wore the sopping thing as it is, then it will stick onto his skin like glue, and keep the cold on his body like a defective blanket that can't do its one job in the world.

Well, it was still better than being naked, Hanzo tried telling himself as he shuddered at the sea breeze that stung his bare finned back.

"Hurry, sweetpea," McCree instructed, crossing his arms above the siren. "I wanna see my ship again, see what needs repairin'...or rather, who needs repairin'."

Jesse said the last part so inaudibly under his breath, but Hanzo's keen ears picked up on it nonetheless, and he rolled his tawny eyes in incredulity. "If you want to know everything, just follow me, and let me do the talking this time."

McCree nodded, brought his belt further up on his waist, and flashed a killer grin. "By all means lead the way then, darlin'."

Sticking by the white cliffwall that towered nearby, the two of them treaded along the path of vegetation that adhered and grew at the foot of the cliff. It was a long stretch, but they soon spotted a sharp curve up ahead that lead to another side of the island.

"So, now will you tell me how you saved my ship?" Jesse whined, crossing his arms.

It earned him another eye roll from Hanzo. "Fine, if you insist so badly. All I did was plead to the sea god for his waves to carry all of us out of those rocks and into much safer lands. There, happy?"