Torture

Hey folks!
Let's get back to our regular scheduled programming. :)

If you enjoyed the chapter, don't forget to vote loves! :*

"Where are we going, aniki?"

"Up, Genji." Hanzo replied as he swam through a hidden cave somewhere beneath the sea, his green-tailed brother trailing not so far behind him. "We'll go look for more of those trinkets to put in your chest."

"Really?" The lad's eyes sparkled as he smiled. "I thought you and the elders disapproved of that a long time ago."

"We did, but you never listen anyway."

"Oh come on, Hanzo!" he whined, giving a powerful flap of his fin against the water to catch up to his older brother who was already some ways ahead of him, nearly out of the gaping mouth from which one could escape the enormous sea cave they travelled under the darkness of. "You know as much as I do that those objects we see up there are so much more interesting than anything we have. I mean, they don't want it anyway, right? I don't see why we can't keep it."

"You're just lucky it wasn't your time yet," Hanzo spat with a roll of his eyes. "They dig deep enough through those golden coins on your precious chest and the elders are going to have our heads once they spot our little collection."

"We've been doing this ever since we were children, Hanzo. They haven't caught us ever since!"

"They do have their suspicions," Hanzo replied as he froze in the water and took a moment to adjust his eyes to the brilliance of the white sunlight that suddenly pervaded his vision.

Genji squinted as well, but putting a hand above his brow for some shade gave way for his brown orbs to recover and he skated them all over the blue expanse of water, trying to decipher exactly where they were. What greeted him was a gradient of pinks and yellows and reds and greens, all of which came from the array of coral and sponges that sat on white sand, with a rainbow of assorted fishes that swam and hunted by the thousands.

Genji smiled at the beauty of the mellow sight: They were almost above the surface of the ocean!

And right there, little whatsits and seemingly useless contraptions littered the sea bed here and there, some of which Genji had seen in abundance from the very first time his inquisitive nature took courage and flight.

"Hey look--it's one of those weird metal shells, Genji." Hanzo hummed, examining a golden cylinder with a glass end that laid nearby, it's once lustrous surface peppered with mounds of fine white sand.

"That's not a shell," Genji scoffed incredulously, snatching the object away from his brother's hands. "It's called a 'telescope'."

As if to demonstrate his expertise, the green siren curled his hands around each end and pulled the two apart, adding length to the short stubby tube by three parts, each getting wider and bigger as it neared the tip.

Behold, the miraculous telescope.

"What does it even do?"

"I suppose you need an intellectual to always take the reins, huh?"

Hanzo only rolled his eyes at his brother's blatant display of pride.

"See, I've seen people do this," Genji began. "They take the small end, put it over their eye, and then everything becomes bigger. Like this." The younger merman demonstrated each step of the process in sync with his words, and in no time, the smaller end of the contraption was pressed against his right eye.