1

Now in my brother's wedding here he is, standing tall and handsome as always, with that cocky smirk on his face. I hated him yet my heart keeps pounding violently in my chest.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, completely ignoring that I'm to direct to ask question.

"It's my cousin's wedding." He answered.

"She's your cousi-"

"Mommy!" I remove my eyes from him and look at my Athena, to see her running towards me and wrap her arms on my waist as she smiled up to me with her eyes twinkling like the stars in the sky, just like his.

"Hello, love." I smiled down at her.

"Im-a slweepy." She yawned and rubbed her eyes.

"Okay," I said as I lift her up and carry her.

I almost forgot that Anthony is standing in front of us until he cleared his throat. I look at him and he's looking at Athena who's looking directly at him and then to me.

"Mwammi, who he?" She asked.

"He's just an old friend baby." I answered her making sure he heard it."As much as I wanted to stay and talk to you, my daughter here needs to sleep. Good night, Anthony." I said in a cold tune then turn on my heel and walk away.

I quicken my pace and walk towards my family.

"Josephine, what's wrong honey?" My mother asked.

"Nothing mom. I just wanted to say good night and I'm so sorry I couldn't stay any longer, John, Melany." I said to John, my little brother who just got married, and to the lovely bride.

"That's okay, sis. Besides little Athena here is sleepy." He cooed.

"Goo nwight, uncloo John. Goo nwight Awnt Melwany. Goo nwight uncloo Andy. Goo nwight nana, goo nwight pooppa." She said as she rub her eyes and yawn.

My family and I awed and chuckled at the sight of my daughter.

"Good night, Athena." They all said in unison and Athena just waved dissmissively and burried her head on my chest. We all laughed and they bid me good night and to be careful on my way home.

I settled Athena on the backseat and hop in the driver's seat. I started the engine and drive home. As I try to concentrate on driving home safe and quiet, I can't stop thinking about Anthony.

Does he know that Athena is his? Oh, God! I hope my family will never tell him. And I hope if they do tell him about her, he would never take my Athena away from me.

Neverless, I bet he already has a new wife and she's beautiful, and she never bore him in bed.

I shook my head from my thoughts as I already saw my house in sight. I park my car on my driveway and then got out of my car. I open the door of the backseat and unbuckle Athena's seatbelt and carry her inside then upstairs to her room.

I took of her dress carefully not to wake her up and dressed her in her pajamas. I tucked her in the bed and kissed her forehead.

"Good night, my darling." I whispered and walk outside of her room.

I went to my room and took a quick shower. I wiped myself with the towel and changed into a tank top and a pajama. I blower my hair and combed it after.

I head to the living room and turn on the television and settled down on the couch. I grabbed my phone and quickly type a text to my best friend Sophie.

Saw my ex-husband 2night. Where were u?

~Jxxx

As I send my message to Sophie the doorbell rang. I growled and head towards the door. I opennthe door not bothering to look on the peephole. I was about to snap at the person who's disturbing me at 11:37 pm but close my mouth when the man standing right in front of me is my ex-husband.