10

"You know, you should stop glaring at me or I'll poke you're eyes out with my fork." I said as I continue to take a bite at my broccoli.

"You know how I dislike it when you disobey me, Josephine." He sneered but I just ignored him and continue eating. I swallowed my food and wipe my lips with a napkin.

"And you know I hate being kept in here like a prisoner. And besides, it's only one time." I said calmly.

"Oh, you're not my father to tell me what to do. And even if you were, I'm a grown up woman so you can't tell me what I won't do or what I'm suppose to do."

He laughed. "This is unacceptable!"

"Unacceptable or not. What's done is done!" I shouted. "What do you want from me, Anthony?! You kidnapped me and you kept me in here leaving me very bored as you go out and do your work while I stay here playing stupid housewife!"

He was about to say something but I silenced him off.

"And what? Huh?! When you're already through with me you're going to find a new fucking buddy and bring her here in this house and make me your damn fucking maid, again!" I shouted, angrily at him and I didn't notice that tears are already falling from my eyes.

I wiped it furiously with my hands and I stood up from my seat, irritated and walk out of the dinning room making my way upstairs towards our bedroom.

I lie down staring at the ceiling as I cry my heart out.

I didn't notice that I fell asleep once I closed my eyes until I felt a firm grasp on my waist as I try to stir.

"I'm sorry." I heard him say.

I just keep quiet and close my eyes again, ignoring his arms around my waist and let sleep take over me.

I woke up the next morning without him by my side. I got up and do my morning routine before going downstairs to be met by the aroma of a pancake. I walk towards the kitchen and find Anthony preparing breakfast.

"Good morning." He greeted with a smile on his face as he settle down the freshly cooked pancake on the table.

"Where's Athena?"

"She's still asleep." He answered. "Can we talk about what happened yesterday? After breakfast." He asked a hint of hesitation in his voice.

"Umm, sure." I answered, unsure.

We ate breakfast in silence only the plate and utensils clinging and making noises. It was rather quite awkward.

"Look, Anthony. I think this isn't working." I sighed. "I don't wanna be locked up here in this house doing nothing. I want to go to work and see my friends."

"No," He sternly answered.

"But-"

"I don't want you to leave."

"Then what do you want me to do in this house? Am I gonna be locked up here for the rest of my life? Is that it? I have a life for goodness sake!" I exclaimed, standing up.

I close my eyes and breathe to calm me down.

"I'm calling the cops if you keep me locked up in here. Let's see if that won't leave a stain on your name." I threatened. I'm tired of this.

He just glared at me, stood up and walk out of the dining room.

I pick up my phone dialing my lawyer to fix the divorce paper to settle this mess. I want to be out of this stupid madness.

I walk up to my room after calling my lawyer and after fixing the kitchen.

I grab every clothes that really belong to me. Put them all in the  duffle bag. I went to Athena's room and carry her in my arms.

"Mwommy, where we goin?" She asked curiously.

"You and mommy are going to visit grandpa and grandma." I smiled. "Do you not miss them?"

"I mwiss nana and pooppa and uncloo John and auntie Melanie and uncloo Andy." I smiled at her reply. "But what about daddy?"

"Daddy is busy. He will be visiting us soon." I lied. Hopefully, he wont be visiting.

God! I hate myself for doing this for my own daughter. But I can't stay with him any longer.

I collected all evidence of his cheating scandal and that would be a strong reason as to why the court will agree with the divorce if he ever fight back.

I called one of the maids to collect my things in our room and commanded the guard to grab a taxi for me.

I dialed my mother's number to inform her that I'll be visiting. She was happy to hear from me because I didn't called her for like a month or two.

The taxi was already waiting for us at the gate and one of the maids put all my bags in the trunk as I got in to the cab.

I said my good bye to the maid and the guards then I told the taxi driver my parents' address.

*****

"Nana!" Athena exclaimed as she saw my mother standing on the door frame. I put Athena down and she ran towards my mother.

"Little Athena," My mother greeted as she wrap her arms around Athena.

"Hey, mom." I greeted as I walk towards her and hug her. "Where's dad?" I asked looking around, hoping to see him.

"Oh, he's at work. You know how your father is. Always busy with work. It's like he will die if he stays in the house for the whole day." My mother replied. Dad is a very workaholic and for him, time is gold.

My family is not as rich as my ex-husband but we're living a good life. We're not as extravagant as some rich families. My father wants it simple. Sometime, he's too simple. Like he would not buy something that he doesn't need in life. My mother told me a story wherein he only has 2 pants and 3 shirt as long as his pocket won't ever go empty. FYI, my father's not a cheapskates. He just doesn't want to waist money on something that he doesn't really need. While I love to spend, my father hates to spend a single penny. But mind you, he's a very generous man. He would rather donate his money to a charity rather than spending it for himself.

I left Athena at my parents house then I called Mr. Smith, our butler to command someone to put my bags in my old room.