Chapter 6

Logan's POV:

My mind just kept replaying that night. The look on her face when I said it's over, I have never seen anything like it. Her world just stopped, and I was the only one to blame. Just because I thought there was something better.

A couple months before that dreaded night, I was looking for a ring to propose. I wanted the best ring I could get, and I had my credit card ready to spend whatever it would take to show Charity how much I cared. When a girl that looked like a model came up to me. She had golden blonde hair, soft pastel pink lips, and a butt out of this world. She started flirting and, me being an idiot, I started flirting back. Before I knew it, we were making out on a park bench. 

She gave me her number and I walked her home. That was all that happened I swear. 

Once I got to my house the reality of what happened set in. Collins came into my room, "Did you get the ring?" 

"No, I got distracted," I replied shamefully. I told him what happened. Not looking him in the eyes the whole time. I just couldn't bear it.

"Dude, why would you do that? You gotta tell Charity." My brother said, going mental.

"I can't tell her. She will hate me forever. Things are going great, let's just forget this ever happened," I threw the number in the trash trying to make my point.

Collins shook his head and walked out. 

I tried to forget that I betrayed the only girl I have ever truly loved, but I couldn't. I'm an idiot. How could I let this happen?

I went back and got the ring of her dreams, but that night I couldn't bring myself to propose. She deserves so much better than me.

So instead of telling her my mistake. I broke up with her. I thought that I would get over it. That this was for the better. But was it? Why didn't I just tell her my mistake when I had the chance? Why am I so stupid?

Collins came in breaking me from my thoughts, "Come on stop looking so depressed. Let's go to the mall or something". He was a year younger than me, but was so much wiser. He probably learned from my dumb mistakes.

"Will it help?" I asked, "I'm so tired of being sad, but I can't be happy without Charity."

Collins rolled his eyes, "We can try". He pulled me out of bed and onto the floor, "Get dressed. I'll be downstairs."