Chapter 9

"Dad, a little help!" I yell, practically sitting on the top of the trunk. 

He came out of the house looking like a zombie. He was still half asleep with a cup of steaming coffee in one hand and this mornings news paper in the other.

"The car trunk won't close," I stated exhausted. I didn't get much sleep last night, thoughts invaded my mind keeping it busy. Thoughts of moving. Thoughts of Logan. Thoughts of moving on from Logan. 

He yawned and set his coffee on the roof of my car. Then opened the partially closed trunk and took all the overstuffed suitcases out, "Clearly you didn't put them in right to start out with." He stretched his back and started to work.

I rolled my eyes but stood back. Not even ten minutes later. He was done. He stood back and admired his work.

The suitcases were in there so perfectly, and the truck closed with no problem. I was impressed.

"You're welcome," He said wrapping his muscular arm around my shoulder. We made  are way back inside.

"My little girl is all grown up," My mom cried for the thousandth time. I hugged her not knowing what else to do. I'm not to good in emotional situations like this.

"Now if you don't like this college come home and you can go to Harvard next year," She ensured pulling away.

I nodded knowing that most likely won't happen. "I guess I should be off," I replied. I needed to be on the road so I can get to USC before dark.

I went over to hug Addy. "It's your turn to be there for mom," I whispered in her ear. Mom is very emotional and dad isn't that helpful in those times so she has learned to rely on Addy and me.

Especially around Christmas and Thanksgiving. Without David being here. David hasn't called us since he left and mom worries about him a lot. I don't personally see why, he clearly doesn't care about us. Why spend so much time worrying about him.

She nodded, "You know I will."

I hugged her again, "Call me if you need anything. Okay?"

She smiled again, "Will you just get out of here already."

I crossed my arms, "Not yet."

I bent down and patted Henry's head, "I am not going to be around that much, but Addy will take good care of you."

He looked up at Addy as though he understood. Then he lick my face.

 I stood and looked around. Everyone was staring, it made me very uncomfortable. "I guess this is it," I said unsurely.

We all walked out to my car. Everyone had tears in there eyes, even my dad.

I breathed in deeply and opened the door. "I will call you when I get there," I promised.

I turned the key and watched the car come to life. I put it in gear and was off down the road I grew up on.

Butterflies fulled my stomach. This is really happening.