Chapter 18

One week later
Logan's POV:

It's been two weeks since school had started. Every time I see Charity my heart jumps, but then I hear her dad's booming voice in my head. "Don't talk to her. Don't sit by her. Don't even look her direction. You broke her heart once and I won't allow you a chance to do it again."

My blood boils in first period when she laughs at one of that dude's jokes. I see the way he looks at her, it's the way I use to look at her.

_________

I stumbled in almost late to my final class on a late Wednesday afternoon when it hits me. I could write a note to Charity explaining to her what actually happened that night. Then give it to that girl and guy that always hang out with her.

That will be the end of me and Charity. We can both move on. Of course, her dad will kill me if he finds out, but it doesn't go against his silly rules. I got to take this chance.

I flip open my notebook a began to write ignoring the words that come out of the professors mouth.

Hi Charity,

Although this seems elementary I just had to tell you the my side...the reason I crushed your heart that night. I came by your house the day I left for college to find that you had already left. And your dad told me that I couldn't talk to you or pretty much anything else, but I want to make sure that you know you didn't do anything wrong. So here it is...

Firstly I didn't just break your heart that night, I shattered mine too. I was going to propose maybe it was a little soon, we were after all just out of high school. But I thought you were the only one for me. Thought being the key word....see the day I went to buy a ring. Someone came up to me, and saying the very least I wondered if their was more out there. We kissed.

I had the ring in my poke that night it was my full attention, but you deserve so much more than me. I am a low down dirty bag of crap. I am a stupid guy. I broke up with you, because you can do better.

I want to thank you Charity for being with me the best years of my life. And thank you for being my first/maybe only true love.

This letter isn't for me to get you back, or to even be friends. Don't even feel bad for me.  I don't deserve any of that. I just wanted to put a final end to this whole thing. So we can go our separate ways. I wish you the best of luck for your future.

Good bye,
Logan

The shuffling of the class room awoken me form my thoughts. I ripped the page cleaning from my note book,while searching the room for Charity's friends.

I bolted from the classroom to catch up,"Hey wait,"I called.

Thankful they both turned around. I caught up to them before speaking again. "Hello, I'm Logan."

"We know who you are," the girl snapped.

I rub my head through my hair as they turned to walk away. This is my only shot.

"I know. I know you probably hate my guts. But can you just hear me out," I pleaded.

They gave each other sideways glances before the guy spoke up,"I guess."

"Okay great, could one of you give this to Charity? I just settles this whole thing. So we can go separate ways," I rambled," You can read it."

The girl took the note," If Charity wants us to know what it says she'll tell us."

"Does that mean you'll do it?" I asked holding my breath.

"Yea sure. As long as it puts a end to this." The girl replied.

I had to resist the earge to hug them. But instead I shook thier hands and thanked them.

This is finally settled. Hopefully I can trusted the girl to deliver the note to Charity.