Chapter 10

Logan's POV:

I shoved the last bit of clothes in my suitcase. I am leaving for college in a couple of hours. To be honest I'm kinda excited I can meet new people, and all the work will hopefully take my mind off of Charity.

Falling on my bed I checked my phone. No notifications as usual. I jumped as I heard a gentle knock on my door. "Come in,"I yelled. The door handle twisted and the door swung open to reveal Collins.

"Hey,"I greeted, sitting up.

His eyes scanned the nearly empty room. "It's going to be different without you."

"Make sure you take care of dad," I reminded him. My eighth grade year my mom died of cancer. Dad does his best to take care of us, but sometimes he gets a little down. Him and mom where highschool sweet hearts afterall; that's what I thought Charity and I had but I screwed it up.

He nodded and hugged me," I going to miss you, troublemaker."

I smiled, troublemaker is what he called me, when he was eight, and I was nine. I was experimenting with being a rebel. I ran away. Well technically I just hid in the big tree in our backyard until dark, then I ran inside (because I was scared of the dark) and found my mom waiting for me. I also cut some of Collins's hair while he was sleeping. Basically instead of terrible two's I had naughty nines. Returning the hugged, I replied,"Don't worry I'll see you at thanksgiving.

He released the warm hug and grabbed one of my bags and handed it to me.

"What are you doing? I still have an hour before I have to leave to catch my flight?"I questioned. Looking at my leather watch to make sure I was right. But I still took the bag he was holding out.

He sat me down on the bed before speaking. "Charity desverses the truth,"He answered.

My eyebrows scrunched on my forehead. "What are you talking about?"

"She doesn't know why you broke up with her,"He paused before continuing to rephrase the sentence,"Think about this from her angle. You and her were hashtag goals. You were the IT couple, and then without any warning, you broke up with her. You crushed her heart and dreams of a future with you. She still doesn't know why."

"She really didn't let me explain," I said thinking back to that night.
He rolled his eyes,"You didn't really try either. So if you want her back you need to actually and try to make things right instead of feeling sorry for yourself."

My eyes widened in the realization, he was right. All this time I could have been explaining myself. Maybe we won't be back together, but I could at least explain.

I grabbed the bag he handed me earlier and another one. I qas about to head out the door when I turned around.

"Collins, you give me all this advice, but I have never given you any advice."

He shrugged,"I guess you always needed it more than me." He stood and grabbed the remaining bags off the floor.

"Well that changes today, talk to her," I stated smiling excitement was taking over.

"Who?" He asked srunching his eyebrows similar to my face a few moments ago.

I dropped the bags and went over to him,"Talk to Haley. Tell her how you feel. You have had feelings for her for years now."

"If you talk to Charity. I'll talk to Haley,"He replied extending his hand.

"Deal."