Finding A Devil Fruit With Thatch

(A/N: Luffy's seventeen.)
-a couple of years later-
I jumped out of bed when I heard Pops call me and I got dressed. I brushed my teeth and hair and I put on my goggles and shoes. I ran out of my room and to Pops. I waved at Thatch when I noticed that he was there.
"There's been news that there's a really powerful devil fruit at a marine base. I want you two to go get it and bring it here." Said Pops.
"Yes sir." I said.
I went back to my room and I strapped my katana to my right hip and I went back outside​. I went on to a row boat with Thatch. We sailed all the way to the marine bace and we snuck in.
(This is surprisingly easy.) I thought.
I went over to the locked treasure chest and I picked the lock. I grabbed the fruit and I grabbed Thatch's hand and we snuck out. I turned into my full form as Thatch climbed into the boat and I began to push it while flapping my wings. I sat down on the boat when we got far enough and turned back into my normal form. We went back to the Moby dick and I stood in front of Pops. I handed the fruit to Thatch as I walked passed Thatch and I went to my room. I grabbed the book on devil fruits from my shelf and I walked over to where Thatch is which is in the kitchen.
"After dinner we will find out what kind of fruit that is." I said while showing Thatch the book.
-time skip-
I leaned my back on the railing​ beside Thatch while looking through the book and I looked at the fruit when I found the picture of it in the book.
"It's the Yami Yami no mi." I said.
I looked behind Thatch when I sensed someone behind him. My eyes widened when I saw Teach with a knife and I pushed Thatch on the floor.