Two-Bit (5)

No, we started

Two hearts in one home  

                  You met Keith Matthews on a rainy night at the Drive-in theater. You were with three friends when it began pouring. They all quickly shifted their jackets up and started pounding back to their houses, but you were a cold foster kid who would rather be sick than back where you lived. Two looked at you before he was about to crawl under the fence, but ran to you, offering his jacket and company to walk you home. 

                    You quickly tried to decline, but he refused, joking that you would turn into a wrinkly raisin if you got too sick, then proceeded to point out a Soc, saying they looked like a raisin already. "I wouldn't want a pretty girl like you to look like him," Keith declared and quickly told you to call him Two-Bit. After he began sneaking you out to take you to the Dingo or the Drive-in he asked you out on a full moon on a lonesome road. You frantically nodded and continued down the street, hand in hand.. 

                     Soon, you were head over heels with everything about Two-Bit. You loved the way he protected you with everything he had in him and how he laughed and talked and joked. You loved how he looked out for his mom and little sister and quickly added you to the equation without hesitation. How he always whispered sweet nothings and jokes as you fell asleep in his arms or how he was so excited for you to meet the delightful gang. 

                    Everyday was all about Two, all the time. Two's days were all about you. You were in the honeymoon faze, melting into each other at every chance possible. 

  It's hard when we argue

We're both stubborn  

"For the thousandth time Keith, I didn't fucking flirt with Soda! I was talking about you, idiot!" You yelled, your anger getting the worst of you. You didn't want to fight with Two-Bit but it seemed like he was testing you. 

"Don't talk to me like that!" He growled through gritted teeth. 

"You can talk to me like that, why can't I talk to you the same way?!"

"I don't talk to you like that, why won't you just admit you flirted with him?!" He yelled. I curled my fists until my knuckles turned white. 

"Because I didn't! I was talking about you, I was saying that about you! Why can't you believe me?!" I screamed, my voice cracking and tears threatening the tips of my eyes. 

"Get out."

"What?" You asked, flustered beyond speech and tears falling at this point. 

"I said get out," Two-Bit explained, finally looking at you. When he saw tears his face softened. "Babygirl, I-"

"No, its fine, I know where the door is, Keith," You motioned sadly as the cold air hit your tear stained cheeks. 

I know but, oh

Sweet creature, sweet creature

Wherever I go, you bring me home

                      You had gotten a call from Darry saying that Two had started drinking real bad again and that he was MIA all yesterday. You were now in your cheap car, making your way through the pounding streets. 

"C'mon, Two, are you?" You begged.  

                        After thirty more minutes you found him at a bar on the South Side, sulking in misery. You tapped his shoulder and he turned lazily, but when he saw you his eyes lit up. 

"I'm an idiot."

"No-"

"Yes I am, you were right and I was wrong and sober Two is too stubborn to admit it," he slurred. Usually he was funny drunk so this surprised you. "I miss you. I need you."

"Two -Bit we need to go back to our side of town," You offered as you got glares from Socs. 

"But you're gonna leave again and I won't have my love!" Two but squealed sadly, tears slipping down his cheeks now. 

"Two, I'm not leaving you. I love you, I just need you to go to our side of town," You explained, wrapping him up in your arms. 

                        You finally made it home and attempted to sober Two up. He explained that drunk words are sober thoughts, that everything he said was true. You cuddled with him until he felt better and sober. 

  Sweet creature, sweet creature

When I run out of rope, you bring me home  

                           You were getting tired of the same old same old. It was a routine of having bad friends and no parents and no hope. You were just exhausted all the time like Two-Bit was the only one who gave you energy. Two would find someone else, someone better and nicer and he'd be over me. You sat in the bathroom floor of Buck's, rolling a bottle of pills in your hands. 

                               You came here with Two but was quickly realizing you weren't in the mood for jokes and drinking. You had been in the bathroom for thirty minutes and you heard pounding on the door causing you to yelp involuntarily. 

"Baby, are you okay?" You heard Two ask through the door. 

"I'm fine," you squeaked but the door opened anyway. 

                            It took Two a second to understand, but when he did his eyes started tearing up and he wiped his hands on his jeans nervously. "Baby, I need you so much," He explained. 

"You'll get over me ," You screeched but he only shook his head. 

                             He held you for what felt like forever, you in his lap, his chin on top of yours and him rocking you slowly as you cried. He held you bridal style, walking out of Buck's and gingerly putting you in the passenger seat of his car. You two talked the whole ride home and he convinced you to never pull a stunt like that again. You two pulled into his driveway and he ran a bubble bath for you two, joking sadly, trying to turn that frown upside down. 

Sweet creature

It's like four in the morning so sorry if this sucks

-Lils