Steve (6)

The cool, metallic blood oozed from his wound and warm tears spilled from your eyes. He finally met your eyes, his face already looking haunted and he smiled. 

"Its alright, babydoll," he whispered. 

"No, no, Soda went to get help. You have to stay with me. Please," you whimpered. 

       But of course it was too late. His body heat slowly receded and you were left in the unforgiving night, waiting for Soda to get back. A blood-curdling wail racked up your body and pierced through the night like a blade. You held onto his cold chest, tears embedding into his skin, throat burning and the only thing you could hear for miles was the cries of the broken heart. A world filled with billions of people suddenly felt empty because of the lose of one. Your one.  

      Soon after, red and blue lights flashed through your vision, blinding you but the thought of Steve leaving on a gurney, only to be seen again at a burial made your stomach contents explode onto the ground. Voices whirled around you but the only thought in your mind rang louder and clearer than all. 

Steve was dead. 

Steve is dead. 

          The pounding of Soda's footsteps came through the horrors in your mind and soon you were being lifted from the ground. You fought and kicked, screaming and wailing that you had to stay with him. He would be alone if you didn't. Soda kept you compressed in his arms and you felt his silent cries erupting from his chest. You couldn't pry your eyes from the scene as they took him away in a rush. 

          Suddenly, you were sick all over again, your head whirling, your feet sprinting as the only thing you wanted was to be carried away. Like maybe if you ran fast enough you would fly away and land among the stars with Steve. However, the only thing that met you was the ground as you fell. Blood now spilled from scrapes and scratches you had received but no matter how badly they hurt, it was nothing compared to the pain Steve felt or the pain you felt in your heart. 

          This went on for as long as anyone could remember. You rapidly let yourself go; you stopped smiling or showering or sleeping. Soon you stopped getting out of bed in the morning and it was as if you had disappeared completely. Some say you became a hermit. Other, more morbid rumors ran about that you left to be with Steve. But no matter what somber tale you were told, a broken heart always killed the girl that once was. 

I suppose they find their love among the stars seen on that tragic night