" dallas youre a chump, the biggest chump of all "

Intoxication was heavy in your system and anyone around you could tell. The alcohol and smoke from the bar made your vision hazy and laced you with an unstoppable, yet limited, feeling. You had so many drinks you couldn't count them on your fingers and frankly, you stopped counting in your head. Slide, swish, swallow, burn, clunk. That system repeated as more and more drinks slid down the counter to you. The bartender started watering down the cruel liquor, in hopes you'd stop.
"Y/N ? " you heard a voice behind you. Spinning around, you lost balance and your body shoved against that of Dallas Winston's. "You should be home taking care of Johnny," he muttered.
        Johnny. He was your little brother and you did just about anything to protect him. You both grew up too fast & Johnny turned to the Curtis gang for support on that. You however, turned to a weekly routine of liquid that was made so far down in Hell, it burned in your stomach.
"It's a couple of drinks, dal," you stammered out, your hands now evident on his chest for a sense of balance.
"Alright, alright, I'm sobering you up."
          He lead you to his room. Everything in your right ( or drunken ) state was telling you to turn around, to fight. Who would go into a delinquent's room just because your little brother knew him ? Apparently you.
"Just go ahead and sit down on the bed." You did as you were told, your head taking lap after lap.
"So you and Johnathon are buddies right ? " you slur.
"I look after him the best I can," he states, much more serious than you had imagined
        Dallas Winston was the exact opposite of everything about you. You grew up far too early and were forced to take care of & protect someone else from an elementary age. You learned to stay home, take care of Johnny, handle the family abuse the best you could & get the hell out of tulsa as soon as Johnny could too. Dallas Winston roamed as he pleased, did as he pleased & had nothing burdening him to one place. He was everything you were. He was everything you wanted to be.
           But in your drunken state, he was just the guy making a quick sober-me-up meal, who just so happened to know your little brother.
"Yeah, dont we all."
"You do a pretty good job of it, from what I hear," he declares, handing me pills, water and a sandwich to settle the liquor thriving through me.
"Nah, I'm in a bar, in a guys room who I don't know, making a sandwich made of things I don't know, rambling," you reply, taking a large bite of the sandwich. You hated turkey, but it was what the husky boy gave you.
"And I'm a criminal but when I see him gettin' beat up I still pull out my blade. Don't matter who you are, you still protect him." Suddenly the alcohol drives once again and I'm laughing uncontrollably.
"A switch ? You pull out a switch instead of just fighting 'em back ?! You don't wanna kill them ! You know Dallas, you're a chump. The biggest chump of all ! " you holler 
"Yeah alright, let's get you to bed," he chuckles
          When you wake up the next morning, Dallas is MIA & the blankets are securely wrapped around you. Pills and water are on the bedside. Your head swims, your eyes blur and every noise pierces as sharp as a knife. The only thing you can make out is the note on the bedside. Numbers are scribbled down with a simple " would you mind calling the biggest chump of all sometime ? "