19. The Story never ends

1 out of 2  of Finale

After Phoenix's funeral

"He wasn't suppose to die Amy!" Atticus shouted pacing the room.

"I know." Amy apologized her eyes began to water.

"We know who Vesper one is. Why can't we go after him?"Atticus complained "I can't just sit here doing nothing!"

"We're one step ahead. If we screw this up Atticus more people can die." Amy argued.

Ian slowly opened the door. In his hand, was a cup of hot tea. He approached the sofa next to Amy. His hands held the cup steadily as he sat.

Atticus stopped pacing the room.

"Well, Jonah is locked in his studio. He's set on getting Phoenix's album out within the next week. We should have enough time to compose a strategy." Ian stated stirring his tea.

"Where's Dan?" Atticus asked

"Dan, can't know about this." Amy said looking down at the carpet.

Atticus stood there stunned.

Dan and Amy went through every Cahill catastrophe together. They could read each other like a book.

"Atticus, you were being tailed. Vesper one knew about your visits with Phoenix. He is probably assuming you know everything. Ian and I need you to be a pawn." Amy said sitting up straight.

Amy had this tone in her voice that made you listen. It made you agree with what she's saying. Her tone was never harsh unless you're Ian.

"A pawn." Atticus whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Since the beginning, our enemy has always been the Cahills. Back and forth between the two. Today, it all will end with the Cahill's demise. We take the fight to them." Vesper One said flipping through a vanilla folder.

The Vesper council sat at the round table.  Vesper One sat at the end of the table.

"Our plan is simple. We destroy all Cahill stronghold. Next, we cut off all communications on this message board.Amy, Dan and the others won't be able to get help.Cheyenne has already started destroying the Tomas stronghold." Vesper One informed.

The Table was long with enough seats to fit ten.  The council of seven and three rising Vespers. Yet their was a seat empty.

"Where's Vesper seven?" Vesper two asked

"Probably slacking off in the break room." A Vesper chimed in

"Sir, Vesper seven is dead." Vesper five blurted. " He was found dead this morning with his tongue cut out.

"Great, one less bagel in the break room." Vesper One said as he continued the briefing.

After his briefing,Vesper one kicked his feet on his desk. In his lap, was tablet displaying footage of premise.

"For once in my life." Vesper one hummed.

Everything was going according to plan. He was going to beat the Cahills. The only problem left to face was Molly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Atticus was tied up unsure of his options. He was isolated for hours. Three times day food was slid underneath the door. His right wrist hurt like crazy. Occasionally, it would vibrate sending a tingle up his arm.

"Why did I agree to this?" Atticus mumbled underneath his breath.

Atticus was not mean't to be a pawn. He was used to helping make plans and giving valuable information. He was out of his comfort zone. One false move could lead to his demise. His only thought was how to keep himself together.