Chapter 1-Theo

Sunday//July 3rd, 2017//17:00

"So why are you goin' to New York" The man who is sat next to me on the train asks after blabbering on about why he himself is going.
"I'm hoping to jumpstart my dance career" I leave it at that as I still have 2 hours left on the train and I'm hoping to sleep for at least 1.
"A dance career? Really? You don't seem like the dancing type." I roll my eyes at this annoying remark I get from time to time.
"Ya, I guess." I'm tired of this conversation and thankfully he doesn't say anything in return. I put my left earbud in and drift off to the sound of  "Santa Fe" from Newsies softly humming in my ear.

Sunday//July 3rd, 2017//18:56

The announcer over the intercom of the train wakes me from my sleep.
"Please make sure to grab everything as you exit the train. We are not responsible for any lost items. And remember, Have a great day."
Thankfully I didn't have to pack anything because all of my stuff from my old house has been moved already to the new place. I grab my small fanny pack from under my seat and the bag of pretzels I had brought just incase I got hungry on the trip. The man who had been bothering me earlier has already left his seat and is headed for the exit so I don't have to wait for him to move. I smile as I step down from the stairs and see my friendly brother standing with a sign that says "WELCOME HOME THEO". I run towards him and give him a big hug as I haven't seen him in months.
"You didn't have to make a sign, Liam" I stand back and look at the sign again.
"What do you mean? Of course I did! I wanted you to feel as welcome as possible." He smiles goofily and hands me the sign.
"Well thank you big bro. So, what are we gonna do to celebrate the big move?" We start walking to the parking lot where our uber is waiting for us.
"Well, since it's only your first night and we wanna save the fun partying for tomorrow's big 4th of July Party Mike is throwing, I think we should just drink a lil' wine and beer, grab some pizza and watch a couple movies." I smile at the thought of just relaxing as I get into our uber.
"Sounds great! But who's Mike?" I ask as he hasn't mentioned any person called Mike ever and I thought I knew all of his friends.
"Oh! Im so so so so so sorry, Theo, I completely forgot to mention my roommate. He really is a good guy though. We've been friends for a long time. I met him at stage door for Newsies a couple years ago and he has been nothing but the best friend a guy can have." I'm kinda annoyed that I'll have to be living with someone else but wait-
"Newsies? How did you meet him at stage door, was he like another fan 'cuz I would love another theatre geek at the place." I get excited as me and my brother have loved broadway since we were young.
"No actually. Mike as in Mike Faist, the guy who played Morris Delancey, do you remember him?"

/////////////////////////////////////
AUTHORS NOTE
Hey y'all so this is the first chapter so I hope you enjoyed. I have some great ideas for this book so definitely keep reading. Have a great day! Xx