Chapter 4- Theo

Monday//July 4th, 2017//9:05

The smell of burnt waffles coming from the kitchen mixed with my vanilla air freshener wake me from my sleep. The warmth from the sun through my sheer curtains makes me excited for my first full day in my new city. I slide out of bed making sure to put my fuzzy pink slippers on my cold feet. The smell of a failed breakfast gets stronger as I get closer to the kitchen.
"Ouch, ouch, ouch!" Mike yells after grabbing a steaming hot waffle from the red waffle maker.
"Mike, how do you even burn a waffle?It has a timer." I laugh at his lack of cooking skills.
"Oh Theo you're awake, can I get you a drink while I try to make a new waffle?" I grin at the bed headed Mike.
"How about I make us waffles and you make the coffee?" I say as I walk over to where he is standing.
"As much as I'd love to make our new mate breakfast, I think that that's the best choice." He walks to the fridge to get out creamer.
"So what are the plans for today, Michael." He seems to blush but I ignore it because why would he.
"Well it's another one day show for me and then the party after that." I am caught off guard as I didn't know he is in another show.
"A one day show? What show are you in?" He looks slightly confused.
"Liam didn't say? I'm gone most of the time doing shows for Dear Evan Hansen the musical." I'm kind of taken aback because even though I haven't been keeping up with most musicals recently, I knew that Dear Evan Hansen had won Best Musical this year at the Tonys.
"Wait...Dear Evan Hansen? As in the Tony Award Winner musical? You're in it?" He laughs softly at my enthusiasm.
"Yup, that's it. If you want I could take you to the theatre to meet the cast today at around 1?" He turns to me after pouring a mug of coffee for each of us.
"Are you kidding? Of course, that'd be amazing. Who else is in the show?" The timer for the waffles go off and I quickly take them out of the small waffle maker.
"Ya, and umm theres a couple of people you might know. Ben Platt, Rachel Bay Jones, Will Roland, Laura Dreyfuss, and of course there's a couple of others." He says as he drips syrup all over our pancakes and hands one to me.
"I'm kind of out of the Broadway scene right now so I don't know many names but I've definitely heard of a couple like Ben and Rachel." We sit down at the small breakfast nook near the window , overlooking the street.
"Well you'll get to know them today. They will all be at the party tonight too. Definitely some of the most talented people I've met." He smiles and takes a sip of his coffee.
"Nice! I'm excited to get to know them."

Monday//July 4th, 2017//12:00

"Are you ready to go?" Mike asks excitedly, standing next to the door.
"Yup, let's go!" I smile at him as he opens the door for me and follows right after.

It's hard to describe but even though I just met Mike, I still feel so comfortable and safe around him. I feel as if I can talk about anything with him.So when I start to get silent on the walk to the theatre, he notices quickly and grabs my hand.
"Theo, don't worry, the Dear Evan Hansen crew is the most welcoming group of people you'll ever meet." I look up at him and smile at the small yet comforting gesture. We walk hand and hand until we reach the stage door.
"You ready for a real broadway theatre?" I laugh at his sarcastic remark.
"As ready as I'll ever be."