Chapter 2-Mike

Sunday//July 3rd, 2017//20:03

I quickly scribble out my name on the sign out board as I leave the theatre after a one show day. Will follows and walks out the door after me.
"So, Subway or Chick-Fil-A?" He asks me.
"I can't eat out tonight, Liam said he's gonna make some pizza as his sister is coming to live with us" Will quickly is interested and starts asking questions.
"What's her name? Is she living with you guys permanently? Can I have some pizza?" I laugh at Will's last remark.
"Theo. Yes. Not tonight, but you definitely are invited to the party tomorrow."
"Well of course I'm coming tomorrow! The gang hasn't hung out in a hot minute." We stop at the streets intersection and wait for the walking light to turn white so we can walk across.
"Well I'll see you tomorrow then. Have a good night, Will" I wave at him as we turn to walk our separate ways.
"See ya, Mikester!" I pull out my phone and see a text from Liam saying he is almost back at the apartment with Theo. I text back: Cool, can't wait to meet our new roommate!
I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited to see a new face around here. My days have gotten pretty repetitive with the same routine. I'm of course so happy and lucky to be in a broadway show again, but I need something new. I walk up the stairs of our apartment building and open our front door. I sigh at the empty, dark room and quickly begin to make it look more homely for our new person. Turning on our fairy lights we strung throughout our plants for Christmas but never took down, Lighting a couple vanilla candles, and finally, playing some Frank Sinatra on our record table. I slouch down on our couch as my phone starts ringing:
"Heyo"
"Hey, we are around the corner, are you home yet?"
"Yup, just got back."
"Great, see ya in a bit"
I set my phone down on the couch while I waited for Liam and Theo to arrive.  Thankfully I only had to wait a couple minutes until I heard footsteps down the hall. Standing up, I walk towards the door and swing it open. I freeze as I see Liam standing next to the prettiest girl I have ever laid eyes on. She's dressed in a white shirt and black leggings with a large denim jacket . Her long curly hair fits perfectly to her dimply smile.
"Hey, Mike! This is our new roommate, Theo." I snap out of my stare and smile at the girl standing in front of me.
"Hi, It's so nice to meet you. I'm sure you'll love it here in New York." She blushes as do I and i move to let the two in.
"Thanks for letting me stay here with you guys. It really means a lot." She puts a bag of pretzels on the counter and smiles subtly.
"It's no problemo, we need a couple new faces around here." I laugh at my awkwardness and mentally slap myself.
"So, Mike did you get the sauce for the pizza?" Liam interrupts our uncomfortable interaction.
"Um, ya it's in the cupboard on the right next to the sink" He sets the sign he made for Theo down next to the door and heads to the kitchen to get the ingredients out to make a pizza. I look at Theo and she smiles back at me. Tonight is gonna be great.

/////////////////////////////////////AUTHORS NOTE
Hey y'all, this was a kinda rushed chapter so I'm sorry if it sucked but the next one will be better I'm hoping. Anyway, Have a good day! Xx