Chapter 5- Theo

AUTHORS NOTE

It's kind of overdue but the picture is what I imagine Theo to look like so if you were having trouble imagining her then look no further

Monday//July 4th, 2017//12:30

I take off my sunglasses and let my eyes adjust to the dark backstage. Mike turns and writes something on a clipboard which I assume is a sign in sheet. I follow closely behind him as we walk toward the sound of Hamilton being played loudly. We pass a couple of people who I assume are crew 'til finally we reach a dressing room with the name "Ben Platt" on the door.

"Hey, Ben! Can I come in? I have someone for you to meet." Mike says through the door over the music coming from the room. The music gets quieter and the door opens to a smiling boy.

"Heyo, Mike. Who's this?" The guy who I assume to be Ben asks.

"This is Theo, Liam's sister and our new roommate. Theo this is Ben, he plays the lead in the show." I smile and wave at Ben.

"Well, it's very nice to meet you, I'm sure we'll be great friends. Are you guys gonna go hang out with everyone else?"

"Ya probably. Are they all in the blue room?" 

"I'm pretty sure. Laura just got more Ninja Turtle fruit snacks so you came on the right day, Theo" I laugh at the remark but also because Ben just seems like the person you are happy around from what I've seen. Mike waves bye to Ben, as do I, and we walk down the hall to the blue room where there are many people.

"Mike! The Mike Faist!" A guy approaches Mike and hugs him.

"Hey, Will. This is Theo, our new roommate and Liam's sister." He puts his hand on my back and I get the chills from the sudden contact.

"Welcome Theo! This is the cast. That's Laura, That's Michael P,  Michael Lee isn't here today but you'll meet him sometime along with the other standbys, Rachel, Jenn, and last but certainly not least, the amazing Kristolyn." Will says with the most enthusiasm I've ever seen from a person.

"Hey, Theo, do you want some Ninja Turtle fruit snacks?" A girl who I'm assuming from her taste in gummy is Laura who I recognize from when she played Madison on Glee.

"Why of course, thank you." I walk over to her and grab a bag of gummies.

"Mike are you all ready for the party tonight?" Kristolyn asks.

"Yup, I got all the food yesterday and a brand new speaker  last week." He smiles proudly and sits down next to Michael.

"Theo, are you gonna stay for the show?" Laura asks me excitedly.

"um, well I don't have a ticket so I'll probably just go get something to eat while you guys perform." 

"Are you kidding? You're our friend now, you don't need a ticket." She laughs and grabs another fruit snack bag from her box.

"Well that'd be amazing. I'd love to see you guys perform." I look at Mike to see his reaction and he is already looking at me with a grin.

"Great, well I'm gonna go get my mic and stuff and I'll see you guys on stage." Mike starts to leave the room and brushes past me.

"Cool. Well, Theo do you want us to show you where to sit?" Jenn says, gesturing to Rachel and herself.

"Ya, that'd be great, thank you." They smile and lead me out the door, through the hallway and to my seat in the front but on the side near the aisle. I thank them again and wait while the seats around me get filled with other excited theatre goers and the lights start to dim.