There Were Three, Now Seven

----

"Ew, rain water is soaked up in my socks..."

She silently groaned and raised her jacket over her head higher so the rain wouldn't hit her. Obviously, it failed due to her unstable form, and the heavy rain soaking through her jacket, dropping onto her head.

"Just lighten up already,"

It was late night, of course, a perfect time for the heavy storms to come, and she just happened to come back from work to be welcomed by heavy rain when she didn't have an umbrella.

While running, even over all the heavy rain that collided with the concrete floor, loud whimpers were heard from a dark alley. She stops in her tracks, turning to the alley and perking up her ears to hear better. "Dogs?"

She warily walked closer, only a single light bulb illuminating the alley, as she looks down to find a dirty, ripped up box filled with three small dogs all curled up together. "Hrm..." One of them whimpered.

She groans and pitied them all. Before thinking about it, she instinctively picked up the small dogs and wrapped them around her jacket leaving herself getting all the exposure.

"Poor little things... Let's get you back home."

>>

After a while, they all safely reached her warm apartment. She peeks down at the dogs still fast asleep, sighing out of relief. Laying them down on a towel, she hurriedly rushes to the bathroom to try and not catch a cold.

"What a nice bath..."

Dressed in warm, lazy clothes, what was left wet on her body was just hair. It was about time the puppies should be awake, deciding to go check on them.

"Ruff!!"

Sighing in relief to the sound of them happily barking, she opens the door. And then, her towel fell onto her shoulders.

Bits and pieces of glass were shattered, and paper that was torn up was all over the floor. But what stood out most in her eyes were the kids causing all the mess.

With ears? And a tail?

"H-Hey!!"

She yells absent mindedly, watching them all whip their heads towards her. Their eyes were a neon yellow, and there was no joke that their fangs could bite her arm off clean as they snarled.

"Wolves..." She whispers before backing up, but they moved closer. "H-hey... I dont know who you are, but id just like you guys to not trash my home,"

"Y-youre safe here, and no ones gonna get you, just please dont ruin anything else,"

The light brown haired stopped and paused, tilting his head to the side.

"She smells nice..."

She looks up to him and gasped. "They can speak..."

"She may smell nice, but she could be harmful!" The silver haired one shouted before growling again. "No, I mean, she smells... Like a nice person." Jumping off the cabinet, he runs up to her and sticks his nose up high.

"Like a loved one..." He mumbles before suddenly wrapping his tiny arms around her waist tightly. She confusingly stares down at him before turning to the others. The smallest one still had the towel she gave them around him, a book in his mouth whilst the other one still glared at her, about to pounce at anytime.

"Let him go, human!"

"Well- hes holding onto me, so if you want him to let me go, you can ask that,"