Chapter 15: Best Friend Week

Emma's POV:
I was having my breakfast with my friends but it was interrupted by Gladys. She said that there will be an activity.

Gladys: Attention everyone! We will have our first Best Friend Week. You have to choose your best friend and hangout with him/her for the rest of the week. But there's a twist! You have to survive in your chosen spot for a week, which means you make your own food and shelter. So get started!

I went to find my best friend which is Xander and Lou but she was already taken so I looked for Xander.

Xander: Emma, wanna be partners?
Me: Sure!
Xander: Where do you wanna hang?
Me: The Spot!
Xander: Ok.
We went to the Spot.
Me: What should we do now?
Xander: Let's make our shelter now.
Me: Ok. But let's make it simple.
Xander: Ok.

It only took us a few hours to make it. Our shelter is just a normal house. We also got food.

Me: That was fast.
Xander: I know.
Me: What do we do now?
Xander: I don't know.
Me: Well, it's getting dark. I think it's time to go to sleep.
Xander: Good idea.

We went to our beds and got some sleep. During midnight, I heard someone singing. It was Xander. I don't know why he's awake. I went to check him out.

Me: Xander, why are you still up?
Xander: I woke up and wasn't able to sleep. What about you? Why are you still up?
Me: I woke up and heard you sing.
Xander: Sorry for interrupting you.
Me: It's ok.

He looked sad. It's like he was thinking about something that I don't know.

Me: Are you okay?
Xander: Yeah. There's just a lot of stuff in my head.
Me: Like what?
Xander: I think I'm not ready to love.

My heart was shattered to pieces when he said that. I like him! I started to tear a little.

Xander: Are you okay? It seems like your tearing up a little.
Me: Yeah. I'm fine. Something just went into my eye.
Xander: Let's go to bed.
Me: Ok.

We went to bed and finally got to sleep. I'm a little heart-broken but I'll be fine.

Author's Note
Hey guys! Thank you for 1k reads in Book 1!