Chapter 41- Broken

Marcy's POV

After Sandy's death Hannah, Danielle, Destiny, and Sydney left. I wish they would stay, but the truth is they don't handle loss well. Ever since we were kids. When Shay's puppy died they all cried for weeks. When Riley died they locked up their emotions and left. After Riley died no one was the same. Shay was emotionless and distant, Hannah read a lot of sad books, Danielle wrote a lot of sad songs, Destiny started cutting and went to rehab for it, Sydney went to rehab for drug abuse, Cindy fell into a deep depression which is what made her take her life, Nora was reminded of her love loss and her terrible past, Sandy stopped her kemo, Monica clung to Seungkwan as if her life depended on it, Nancy became distant and didn't stay in contact, Katy became angry and had to take anger management, and me well I had to go to a therapist. I ended up getting put on depression meds. None of us can handle death well. Shay was the most hurt by Riley's suicide. Shay cared and loved Riley like the little sister she had never had. Shay took care of Riley and accept Riley. She was the reason Riley got the surgery done to become a woman. Shay tried to make Riley as happy as possible. So when Riley died Shay blamed herself. One night Shay attempted to commit suicide, but Vernon was there to talk her out of it. Shay hasn't been to see Riley since she died. It hurt Shay more than anyone simply because she feels responsible for all of us. Shay still thinks Riley's death was her fault, she has fooled herself into believing that she could have helped Riley. The reality of it was Riley was sick, we couldn't help her because we didn't notice the signs until it was too late. We lost Riley, Cindy, Sandy, and we almost lost Shay. Our grief has consumed us all, and we all these deaths so close together it will continue to consume us. At least until we can regain our strengths to fight the grief. To fight for our happiness. Or like in my case, to fight or love.

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed the update! Still more to come! Leave me a comment below to let me know how I am doing! Stay strong my beautiful readers, keep dreaming, I love you all, and I will update soon.-Coolcat51