Chapter 4.

I woke up to the feel of someone tapping on my shoulder.

"Ali? What are you doing? It's time to get ready for the Parade." I slowly opened my eyes and saw Aylor standing in front of me. I sat up and stretched.

"What?" I said, sleepily. He started laughing.

"You've been asleep for an hour. It's almost time for the Tribute Parade." I hurriedly scrambled to my feet.

"What do I wear?" I said, running into my bathroom. There, stood three people. I yelped and stumbled backwards. The three people came and surrounded me.

"It's okay, honey. We're your prep team. We're here to make you look beautiful." The only man said. Then, they went out and told me to get in the shower and holler when I was in. So, I took my nightgown off and hopped in the shower. I hollered and they came in and started washing my body and hair.

When they had rubbed me raw, they got me out and put me in a light, itchy gown-like thing. It was a light blue, almost like the color of my room. Then, they started this whole 'rip every single hair off of my body' thing. It was very painful. When they were finally done, they moved on to the little things. Such as my fingernails; which they painted black; and my eyebrows. They plucked at my eyebrows which made my eyes water. When I looked in the mirror, I didn't look different. Only cleaner. While they were talking (not to me, but to each other) I learned their names. The man with blue hair was Ash, the woman with silver hair was Annalin, and the other woman with green and pink hair was Rowidan.

"Wait here while we fetch Cedric." Rowidan said as the three of them walked out. A few minutes later, a man walked in.

"I'm so sorry you have to be here." He said. I looked at him closely. He didn't have crazy hair like the others or he didn't have a weird accent like the others did. The only Capitol thing about him was that he wore earrings and he had gold eyeliner.

"Are you related to Cinna?" I asked. He nodded.

"I'm his son." My jaw dropped to the ground. "I have a plan."

After a about 30 minutes of getting fit into my costume and Cedric doing my hair, I was finally done. My hair was in a fishtail braid down my back (like it was at the reaping but cleaner). My costume was black.

When I got to the Parade, I saw the 13 chariots. (Yes 13. Since the 75th Games, District 13 is considered a District) I walked over to the closest one and started petting the horse.

"Hi, girl." I said to her. I could tell it was a girl.

"Hey." I heard a boy's voice behind me. I turned around and saw a boy with dark brown hair standing there, a smile on his face. "What are you doing?" He asked. I turned back to the horse.

"Petting her." I said as-a-matter-of-factly. I heard him laugh and turned around.

"What?" I asked, smiling.

"How do you know it's a girl? Maybe it's a boy." The kid said, crossing his arms and smiling at me. I smiled back, noticing his small dimple on his left cheek.

"Because. It's not rambunctious like boys are." I said, biting my tongue.

"You'r very witty, aren't you? You're from 7, right?" He asked. I nodded.

"Where are you from?" I asked.

"4." He said. Then, I saw my brother coming.

"Cool. I better go. My brother is coming..." I said, smiling and walking towards our chariot. I hopped in and Aylor hopped in beside me.

"Who were you talking to, sis?" He asked, shoulder bumping me.

"I don't know. The boy from 4. I didn't learn his name." I said. Just then, Cedric and a woman came up to the side of the chariot. Cedric handed me a button.

"Press this when you're ready. Okay?" He said. I nodded just as our chariot started moving.

We reached the screaming crowd.

I pressed the button.

~A/N~

Hey guys! I got the stylist's names from my favorite authors. Rowidan was named after J.K. Rowling and Rick Riordan, Ash was named after James Dashner, and Annalin was named after Susanne Collins.