Chapter 7.

I woke up around 3:00 in the afternoon. Cedric and my prep team were waiting for me when I went into the bathroom. As usual, I got in the shower, hollered, and they came in. They scrubbed me again and waxed me again. I closed my eyes during the waxing part. When they were finally done, Cedric came back in. He started on my hair, doing a Dutch Braid starting from my hairline and going past the bottom of my back. When he was done with my hair, grabbed a beautiful white lace dress from the rack of dresses and held it up to me. He smiled.

"Try this on." He said, handing me the dress. I slipped off my itchy gown and put on the beautiful white lace dress. It was super comfy and stretchy. It went to my ankles and was flowy. I smiled when I looked in the mirror. I looked pretty, well, pretty. Cedric smiled when he saw me in the dress.

"Perfect." He said, grabbing my hand and twirling me.

"What does this have to do with lumber?" I asked. He smiled.

"Oh, you'll see." He said. "Oh yeah. Caesar will probably ask you to spin for them-" I cut him off.

"Who's Caesar?" I asked fast.

"The Hunger Games host. Anyways, if he doesn't ask you to spin, ask him if you can spin. Okay?" I nodded.

"Okay? Why?" I asked. He smiled.

"It'll be a surprise." He said.

Two minutes till the interviews start. I thought to myself. My hands were getting sweaty just standing there. That's when Cedric noticed my nervousness and pulled a tiny tube out of his pocket. He unscrewed the white lid from the blue tube and dumped a little white circle into his hand from the tube. He walked over to me and handed me the circle. He grabbed a water from the table and handed it to me.

"Swallow the pill. It'll help with stress and sweat." My eyes widened. I popped the pill into my mouth and took a chug of the water. It went right down and immediately helped with my stress and my sweat.

"Here. You better go get in line for the interviews." Cedric said.

When I got to the line, Aylor was in a white tux with a blue tie. It made his eyes pop. Ethan walked up to me. He was in a black tux with a red tie. He smiled when he saw me.

"Cool dress." He said. I smiled and said 'thanks'.

"From District 1, let's give a nice round of applause for Lilith!" Lilith walked onto the stage. Her blonde hair was curled and she was wearing a bright pink dress that just barely went to her thighs. She smiled as she sat down.

"Hello, Lilith! What a beautiful dress you have on, am I right?" The crowd went crazy with cheers. She smiled.

"Why, thank you, Caesar! I do love pink!" She said like a girly-girl. Then, she giggled.

I zoned out until I felt someone tap my shoulder.

"District 7 and 12 you know them as the Girls on Fire! Let's give a round of applause for Alycer Willows and Neia Shields!" Caesar said. We walked out onto the stage, nervous but not sweating. We sat down and looked at Caesar. He was looking at us like he was waiting for an answer.

"What?" We both said at the same time. He laughed along with everyone in the crowd.

"Aw, just like our previous Girl on Fire. Nervous?" We both nodded. "Well, what I said those were beautiful outfits you were wearing at the Tribute Parade. Would you like to tell us about it?" We smiled.

"Well, I was praying I wouldn't burn to death." I said. Neia nodded. And it was true. Caesar smiled and put his hand on our shoulders.

"Cheeky, just like our Mrs. Everdeen!" he said and the crowd went ballistic. Then, Caesar turned serious.