Chapter 10.

That's when I heard the voices. Neia and I stopped dead in our tracks. 

"Well well. If it isn't the little girl from 11. What's your name again, sweetie?" A voice asked. I jogged towards the voices and saw Rue backed up against a tree, three tributes in front of her. I grabbed one on my knives just as Neia loaded her bow.

"One, two." I whispered. On three, we released our weapons and they went flying into the tributes backs. I ran out and got my sword ready. The last tribute had ran when the others fell, and only Rue was left standing up against the tree. I ran over to her and she held up her fists.

"I'll fight you." She said. Apparently she didn't understand the whole 'you got saved' thing. I put my sword back in my belt and Neia put her bow over her shoulder.

"We won't-" I started just before I got a hard blow to the right side of my jaw. I fell backwards and down due to the impact. I looked up at see Neia stopping Rue's hand from plummeting into Neia's own face.

"It's okay. We won't hurt you. We just wanna be allies." Neia said, letting go of Rue's hand. Rue nodded and put her fists down. She helped me back to my feet.

"Sorry! Are you okay!" She asked as I got to my feet. I nodded, grabbing my jaw.

"I didn't know you knew combat?" I said. She smiled at me.

"Me either." We all laughed at that. I had a feeling Rue was going to be one of my great friends.

"Okay. What weapons do you have?" Rue asked. I slung my pack over my shoulder and grabbed the spear out of it. I tossed it to Rue and in seconds she had it together.

"Thanks." She said. I nodded and we started walking.

"I'm teamed with the boy from 4." Rue said after a few minutes of walking.

"Lethan?" Neia and I said at the same time. Rue nodded.

"We are, too." Neia and I said at the same time. Rue nodded.

"Ali!" I heard a voice yell. I turned around to find myself being plummeted by my brother. I hugged him.

"We've been looking for you!" He said/whispered. He grabbed my face and his eyes widened when he looked at my forehead.

"You're hurt." He said, guilt on his face. I rolled my eyes and tried to push him away. "Is it painful? Do I-"

"Aylor, I'm fine. Really. You don't need to make a big deal out of it-"

"Someone hurt you! I'm gonna kill-"

"Please. I already killed them." I said, making myself shiver. I sounded like a a crazy person.

I finally got him away and looked at Neia. She was hugging the boy from her District and Rue was just awkwardly standing there.

"Alright, guys. I know it's a family reunion, but let's get a move on." Ethan said. That's when Neia hugged him.

"Thank you. For putting us in your alliance." She said. When she stopped hugging him, she kissed him on the cheek. I don't know why, but I felt something in my stomach stir when she did that.

"N-No problem." Is all he said. He had a dazed look in his eyes.

"Enough with the love, Ethan's right, let's get going." Rue said.

"Rue's right. Neia, you could climb a tree and be the look out." Josh said.

"Okay. You guys all make a fire and camp." She said, setting her bow against a tree. She kept her quiver on her back and started climbing. I looked at the others. They all looked shy with each other, so I started a conversation.

"When are your guy's birthdays?" I asked. It was the randomest question, but it was the first thing that popped into my mind. Rue talked first.

"Mine's May 4th. I have a twin brother at home, along with two younger siblings." She said. We all sat down in a circle except for Aylor, who was setting up a weird looking thing.

"Mine's December 22." Lethan said. I looked at Josh and noticed he was smiling at me. I smiled back at him.

"Mine's October 12." Josh said. I nodded and started talking.

"Mine's September 9. Aylor's is September 11." I said. Aylor got done doing... whatever he was doing, and sat beside me. We all looked at him suspiciously. He looked at us all and smiled.

"Woah. You're looking at me like I just killed someone." He said. I rolled my eyes playfully at his joke.

"It was a visor. I found it rolled up in my bag. It keeps the area we are in camouflaged. I put it around the whole camp, which is only about 12 feet by 12 feet." He said. I put my head on his shoulder. The others kept talking, but I was super tired. I didn't really listen to what the others were saying because after a few minutes of having my head on Aylor's shoulder, I fell asleep.