Chapter 6.

We got to the room where everyone was waiting to go into the Private Sessions. They were all talking.

After about five whole hours of waiting, I finally heard my name. I got up and started walking towards the metal door.

"Do good, sis." I heard Aylor say. I turned around and nodded, gave him a smile and a thumbs up, and walked through the door and into the room.

I looked around. It was all bare except for two stands and a rope course. I walked over to the rope course. I put my one hand on the ladder and looked up at the people. Only half of them were paying attention to me, so I started talking.

"Alycer Willows. District 7." They all turned to watch me. I climbed the ladder and started going across, skipping a bar every other time. I got to the end, climbed down halfway and jumped down the other half. I ran to the axe station and grabbed an axe. I threw it and it hit exactly where I wanted it to. I grabbed two more and threw them, each of them hitting their wanted destination. Then, I jogged over to the knife station, situated five of them in my hand, and threw them one at a time at one target. Hit, hit, hit, hit, hit. Every single one hit the target in the center of the chest. I looked up and saw everyone start to clap. I smiled and bowed.

"Thank you for your consideration." I said as I started walking towards the door. I walked out as casual as I could, keeping my excitement inside me.

"How did you do?" Aylor asked. I shrugged but smiled.

"I don't know. I guess not horrible." I said.

When I got to our apartment, I sat down on the couch. I smiled as I turned on the television. There was only one station and it was the station about the previous Games. I was watching as a boy threw an axe at a girl, killing her on the spot. I covered my eyes as her blood poured out onto the ground. The screen changed and I uncovered my eyes. A girl and a boy were having a fight, not with weapons but screaming at each other. Then, a different boy came up behind the girl and stabbed her. The boy that was having the fight didn't do anything but watch. I grabbed the remote and turned it off. I walked up to my room, an image of what I had just seen fresh in my mind, and laid down in bed even though I wasn't tired. I was thinking about what the arena was gonna be like. Would it be a desert? Or snowy? Or what if it's like District 7? A bunch of trees. Or maybe it'll be rocks? I didn't know.

I was awakened from my thoughts by my brothers voice.

"Sis, come on! They're about to show the scores!" I got out of bed and Aylor and I ran down the stairs. We jumped onto the couch beside Sunny. She turned the television on and a man with blue hair and blue eyes appeared on the screen. Then, a picture of the girl that asked me to join their alliance appeared on the screen.

"Lilith Parker, District 1 with a score of 9." I looked at Aylor. He weakly smiled. I looked back at the screen and saw one of the boys that was standing behind Lilith appear.

"Kendall Schoen, District 1 with a score of 11." His picture faded and a girl appeared on the screen that I had never seen before.

"Chloe Hawk, District 2 with a score of 10." Her picture faded and a boys picture appeared.

"Chad Earnest, District 2 with a score of 10, also." I zoned out until I felt Aylor's hand poke me on my shoulder. I looked up at the screen and saw Ethan's picture on the screen.

"Lethan Young, District 4 with a score of 13!" I looked at Aylor and smiled.

"Lethan has the best score yet!" I said. Aylor nodded and looked back at the television. I zoned out, again (I think I have a zoning out problem...), till I felt another tap on my shoulder. I looked at the screen and saw my picture on the screen.

"Alycer Willows, District 7 with a score of 12!" I smiled as everyone congratulated me. Then, Aylor's picture appeared.

"Aylor Willows, District 7 with a score of 13!" I turned around and hugged my brother.

"You did so great!" I said. I turned back around to see the District 11 tributes going. The picture showed a girl about my age with dark hair and dark skin.

"Rue Amaryllis, District 11 with a score of 11." I smiled. Maybe she and I could join forces in the Games. A small kid's picture appeared on the screen. He didn't look like much of a threat.

"Ross Everett, District 11 with a score of 8."

"Neia Shields, District 12 with a score of 12!"

"Joshua Thorne, District 12 with a score of 13!" I smiled. Three allies with scores of 13. My lucky day.

"This is great! We all have high scores!" I looked back at the screen to see the boy tribute from District 13.

"Ezekiel Montgomery, District 13 with a score of 9." Then, the screen went black. I stood up, but Sunny grabbed my hand.

"Who are your allies?" I counted them in my head. Ethan, Rue (maybe), Neia (maybe), Joshua, and Aylor.

"Both from 4, both from 12, Rue from 11 if I can get her, and Aylor." Sunny shook her head.

"Okay. Don't make anymore allies." I nodded and headed up to my room. I slid on my nightgown and got into bed. Only then did I realize how scared I was. I let the tears fall, but silently. I didn't want anyone hearing me and worrying. I fell asleep while crying.