Chapter 15.

I gasped. It felt like the whole world started to go in slow motion. I looked at the boy who had stabbed me and saw he was just as shocked as I was. The blade felt like fire in my stomach. I was too in shock to do anything but stare. Out of my peripheral vision, I could see Ethan running towards me.

The boy pulled the knife out of my stomach, making me grunt as a whole new jolt of pain surge through me. Almost like a paper cut times 1000. I collapsed onto the ground, my hands coming to my wound as I landed on my side. My breathing was becoming heavy and I was surprised I didn't go into shock and have my whole body shut down. The pain was bringing tears to my eyes as I rolled around on the ground, pain flooding over me like a tsunami.

But I knew what was happening as I laid down on the ground, blood pouring from my stomach, tears surfacing in my eyes.

This was how it was all going to end.

My life flashed before my eyes in a quick second, telling me about all the things I hadn't done. All the things that needed to be done. Everything.

My little siblings would probably be watching right now in school, or maybe in the Square. They would be watching me right now, dying, nothing they could do about it.

Or maybe they wouldn't be watching right now. Maybe Arkin and Auden weren't letting them watch, so that when only Aylor returned, they would know what had happened.

I just barely heard a scream, which pulled me from my thoughts.

It was Aylor. I tried to get up, but I was too weak. Too much pain. I heard yelling as blood came up into my mouth, and I let it fall out the side.

"Alycer! No!" Was that Ethan?

I couldn't move as blood dropped onto the ground, both from my mouth and stomach. It was almost as if I had gone into shock.

My forehead, my neck, my gut. Blood loss.

"Why do you still fight, 7. You're sister is as good as dead." A male voice I didn't recognize said. I looked down at my hands which were on my wound. They were covered in maroon blood and I had new blood seeping through the cracks of my fingers, tracing down my arm. Everything was blurry. I heard a faint cannon sound.

"Ali!" I heard a voice yell. I recognized it as Ethan. I closed my eyes just as I felt hands on me. They turned me onto my back and I opened my eyes.

"Oh my god..." Ethan whispered, his eyes becoming blurry as I tried to stare into them. Everything was becoming blurry.

"Are they gone?" I asked, my voice crackly. I could feel blood in my mouth, but I didn't have enough strength to spit it out, so I swallowed it. Gross.

I slowly closed my eyes since they could no longer hold themselves up.

"You were supposed to go home." Aylor said, grabbing my face in his hands. "I- Don't leave me. Please, Ali, please."

I tried to talk, but all that came out was a faint whisper, barely audible. "Aylor..." I felt a hand on mine as Aylor gently shook my head.

"Ali, no. No." Neia was sobbing. I felt someone grab my other hand as everything went completely dark.

Neia's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Previously)

"Go!" I yelled to Ali as she grabbed the rope and swung across. I turned around only to find my bow meet sword. The sword cut my bow string in half, and I dove out of the way to avoid getting sliced just like my bow string. I swiftly grabbed my knife from my back pocket and barely deflected a sword swung right in my head.