Chapter 1

Alasdair Ciaran McKinnon

It was a cold January night in Scotland. No human being was outside Edinburgh castle. The thick snow covered the land like a warm blanket. Inside the castle three men sat in the study. Wrapped in the warmth the fire provided from the hearth.
Each with his own thoughts, but the same question. What will their king,their chief do? Two heads turned to the man in the big leather chair as he got up. He went and stood in front of the fire place,hands folded behind his back.

Alasdair Ciaran McKinnon a fiercely independent chief. His sword is the most deadliest and feared on and of the battle field,but he's tired of constant battling. Yet again England are plagued with problems aimed towards Scotland and he's not just a chief he's Scotland's king.

He ruled his land and people with an iron fist yet he's a just and righteous chief. Now he's needed again to protect his people and Scotland.
He turned around, "They want me to marry the English Duke's youngest son. Nephew to the King"
Cormac the eldest amongst them his father said,"But why what do they gain from the marriage.?" The old chief looked at his son.

"Why do you think Cormac, they want to control our chief and Scotland. What better way to do that than to put your nephew as our queen." Hammish the chief's second in command and most trusted asked.

"What are you going to do son?"

"We are going to accept. He's trying to rally allies to go up against us if I refuse. He dunno the extant of our army. Up until now he only went against half of it and we've beaten him every time. He can't even face half of my warriors what will happen if I let you march full force." He poured himself another drink.

"His back is against the walk. The Vikings will not dare to attack Scotland they know she's deadly. So he thinks with an english queen,Scotland would be obligated to march with him into battle." He nursed the glass in his hand. Swirled the amber liquid around.

"Then the rumors are true. If he's so desperate to have Scotland and control you,it must be then that the Vikings are advancing on England" Hammish said.
The old man looked at Hammish "Aye they are and he's afraid."

"Aye,but I will not be controlled not by William or an english bride. Send word we shall meet within the next few days,but on Scottish soil. Make plans to travel to Stirling. The great hall is where we shall talk. Send Dagues."

Two Aye's and they left the room.

Alasdair sat down. He couldn't believe the English."but then again they were always brazen and weak. Treacherous bastards. Here to my English bride" he thought. He raised his glass and saluted the air.

"Aye I will accept but they are getting a surprise or two" he mumbled to himself.