Chapter 28

Shannon gripped his side. His belly hurt from all the laughing.  Who knew that Alasdair McKinnon could make you roar in laughter with his tales and antics. He laid snug and warm in Alasdair's arms in their bed as his husband continued to tell him his stories of his foolish and younger days as a strapping cocky lad.

He was surprised that day after the gathering in the hall. Alasdair did not make love to him and even now two and a half weeks later but he found he did not crave it. The new found bond and closeness they share now was a beauty in its own. Alasdair begged him for time to really get to known one another not as husband and wife but as two individual people. He told Alasdair about his growing up. Him never being interested in learning how to use a blade but rather the fine arts off crafts and cooking.

He shared the grief he had for his pony uncle William killed when he was eight. He refused to have another pony or pet after that. Shannon recalled his happy moments learning how to cook. Alasdair told him about the lonely life he had after his mother's death. Cormac was too deep in his grief and cups to care for a young son. He had to take care of himself. It was that grief that turned him into a fearless warrior. Taking it out on his sword and axe so by the time Cormac emerged from his grief and drunken stupor Alasdair was already a man not to be controlled. The alcohol also took its turn on Cormac's health weakening his heart and liver. Once again he had to step up and at eighteen he took the throne from Cormac.

Shannon got a new understanding into Alasdair. He was carved and moulded by circumstance and loneliness. He never had a gentle hand to guide him. He never had to consult or consider anyone but his duties and his country so he fumbled in their marriage. What marriage is beyond perfect? He himself jumps wildly to conclusions and is very righteous and judgemental at time.

What person in this lifetime is sculptured perfectly. All have flaws and we can better and work on it once you take time and admit your own flaws.Alasdair have stopped telling his tales. Shannon placed his ear  on Alasdair's chest. The rhythm off his heart beat lulled him to sleep.

Alasdair felt himself drift off to sleep with Shannon in his arms. Its unbelievable how this tiny creature in his arms have so much power over him. Power he happily relinquish to Shannon. Content Alasdair closed his eye  dreaming of tomorrow.

The next morning.

"Shannon" Alasdair said as he shook Shannon.
"Wake up love"
"No, little while more please" Shannon groaned.
"Shannon I need you to get up my love. There's a warm bath waiting for you" Alasdair coaxed Shannon.

Shannon's eyes opened. He saw that Alasdair was already dressed in a crisp white shirt and his best kilt. He raised his eye brows and frowned.
"Going somewhere McKinnon?" Shannon asked.
"Aye we are. Before winter sets in. Now get up go bath. Your clothes will be ready when you get out" Alasdair said ad he slapped Shannon lightly on his behind.
"Fine but this better be good. I need my rest" Shannon moaned waddling to the other room.
"It is! The guards will escort you down the stairs. I need to check on something" Alasdair yelled after him.

Shannon finished his bath rather very quick with the help of the maids. He gasped as he entered the bedroom. On the bed was a beautiful gold dress. Simple but flawless. Sowed into the hem and the top was the McKinnon colours. The maids helped him into it and it fell perfectly on his pregnant body. They slipped a pair of gold slippers on his feet. His hair was brushed until it shimmered. Once done they helped him downstairs and to the stables where Alasdair was waiting for him.

"Stunning"  Alasdair breathed. "You look absolutely stunning."
"Alasdair what's going on? Where are we going? Shannon asked confused.

Alasdair smiled at him and nodded to the stableman who led out a magnificent white stallion. Taking his small hand into his big hands Alasdair guided him to the horse and helped him on it. He mounted behind him and spurred the horse on.
"All will be clear soon love" Alasdair whispered in his ear. His warm breath fanning into Shannon's neck leaving goosebumps on his skin. Alasdair led the horse up a steep path to the top of one of the highest hills surrounding the valley. It was a wild hill. Growing on it was heather which was regal with purple in the beginning off autumn weather. Two silver threads meeting as one far away. It was the two rivers that watered the valley. Between the river's was the homes of farmers. It was not the most beautiful landscape but it had a beauty of its own.

Then Shannon noticed the chiefs and clansmen. Cormac stood with them. What surprised him more was his parents that stood amongst the Scotts. Alasdair helped him dismount. Shannon looked around him confused.
"Alasdair what the Hell's going on! " he asked and turned around. Shannon gasped. Alasdair was on his knee holding up a beautiful gold ring. The ring had a beautiful diamond and Gaelic design on it.
"Shannon our marriage was formed as an alliance. Never once did I thought I would love you the way I do. I am a rich man not because of treasures and gold but because of your love. I would never have believed in a million years that someone as gentle as you could love a beast like me. But here I am a man love and a man who loves back equally. Will you do me the honour of becoming my wife not from an alliance but with love" Alasdair asked.

Oh dear Lord. Shannon breath caught in his throat. He moved forward and regained his abilities to speak.
"Aye" he answered.
Alasdair  wrapped his hands around Shannon's hips and kissed his belly before he bellowed loudly for all to hear.
"He said aye!
Cheers went up and Alasdair got to his feet.
"Right here today we will seal our bond" he whispered to Shannon. Alasdair beckoned the vicar.
"My vows to you will be my solemn pledge" he said to Shannon.
"And mine to you will be my solemn pledge" Shannon answered.

"Give each other your hands" the vicars said. He took the McKinnon colour band and tied their hand together. He placed his own hands on theirs.
"May no man or law break the bond made between two people becoming one. May you be each other's rocks in time of need and trails. His Majesty has the vows he wants to give to his queen" he said as he started the union.

Alasdair's vows to Shannon.

It was the most beautiful words Shannon have ever heard and it came from his Scottish brute of a highlander

"I have no vows prepared but the vows you have given me Alasdair shall be as true as you pledged them to me so I pledge them to you. I love you McKinnon" Shannon spoke. Tears flowed from his eyes. The vicar untied their hands and Alasdair slipped the ring on his finger. Alasdair pulled Shannon into his body and dipped his head. His kiss was gentle and slow full of undoubted love.

"The McKinnon's" shouted the vicar. Cheers and shouts went up. Cormac stepped forward and slapped Alasdair on his back.

"Spread word. All is welcomed at the celebration of our marriage." Alasdairs declared.
"And I'm happy to say that tonight love I'll be buried deep in your tight warmth." He whispered only for Shannon to hear.

I hope the chapter meets the standard.
Thank you vote and comment.

I apologise for any errors and spelling errors.