.5

That night after we got home, Melody and I quietly went to our rooms. I changed into some comfortable clothes and plugged my phone into the charger. I got up and headed downstairs to get some food, because you know I'm always hungry.

I get downstairs and go into the kingdom above all kingdoms. My kitchen.

I look around into the fridge and lightly hum to myself. "Hmm what to eat. What foods should die today?"

I continue to look around when Melody strolls in. She looks at me and smiles. I frown at her weak look and close the fridge door. Mel starts going through all the cabinets. "What the heck is going on with you, Mel" Melody spins around with a nervous look on her face.

"Nothing is wrong with me. I'm just having an off night. It'll be all good after I get some sleep". I raise my eyebrows. I don't believe her. Melody is a grade a secret keeper. She can lie to anybody and everybody, except for me. "You do realize that it is impossible for you to lie to me, right?". She opens her mouth and begins to speak before quickly pushing her lips back together.

"Spill Melody or I swear that as soon as mom and dad get back I will tell then about the weekend you spent in Colorado with Sam" I fire out. I'm basically blackmailing her into getting information that I probably won't need, but who ever said that being a little nosy was so bad?

She sets down the box of crackers in her hand and starts to nervously fiddle with her hands. I slowly walk to her and gently lay my hand on her arm. "I think Makayla is pregnant". As those words come out of her mouth, I take a few steps back and confront the full emotion of that sentence.

"Ok" I breath out "Have you told Cal yet?" Melody looks around the kitchen and inhales deeply. "So... that's a no. Well you have to tell him before it spreads" I advise to her. Melody is usually the person to stay levelheaded in situations but I honestly think this one has got her stumped.

She nods in agreement. I pick up the box of crackers on the counter next to her and hand them back. I then go back to the fridge and grab some yogurt and a water. "Figure out what you are gonna do, sis. Sleep on it"

I walk back into my room and get comfy, eat and stalk on social media. As I get on twitter I notice a tweet from Makayla that says "Can't wait for the new arrival". I close of the app as quickly as I can and go onto Instagram to watch some videos.

Eventually I drift off into a deep sleep.

****

The next day Melody and I get up early for the 3rd day of cheer try-outs. I throw on a pair of spanks and a sports bra with a t-shirt over it. I walk down stairs and grab 2 granola bars and make our daily smoothies.

Melody is sitting in the dining room already as I enter. I walk over and lightly sit her glass and granola bar down. "So are you gonna tell anybody. By anybody I mean Calvin" I sit and take a gulp of my smoothie.

Melody shakes her head as she opens her granola bar from its shiny packaging. I open mine and set it down. "I think I'm wait until I know it's true before saying anything to Calvin or Sam. I mean that would just starting pointless drama." I nod at her and take a bite of my bar.

She takes another bite and starts spitting out mumbles while her mouth is full. "Wvat would be tha po of starting drama" she confusingly says. I giggle at the stupidity of her actions.

"I don't know but you need to find out before other drama begins".

We finish our breakfast and head off to school. After practice we continue on to classes.

It was a pretty smooth day up until 4th period. I walked into Chemistry and right off the bat embarrassed the crap out of myself.

As I walked over to my lab table I tripped and fell. And while laying on the floor, for the fourth time in the last2 days, I realized, I had been tripped.