.8

In rush and in panic I didn't know who else to call. Of course my parents but they were at work and could not answer because they were way to busy. They never had there phones on during working hours anyway.

I opened my phone and just as I was about to click the call button for someone, I heard that the sirens now were really close. I ran outside and saw them I told them she was upstairs. I watched as they did their job. Putting her on the gurney.

She lay there unconscious but I can see the rise and fall of her chest.

I almost started to cry and then I saw a car pull up. It wasn't my parents car...but Sam's? I saw Sam get out of the drivers side door panic drawn on his face then Calvin got out the passenger and looked at me he had a stone face on.  Then it went soft seeing that I was almost in tears.

He ran up to me with a questioning look on his face.

"I...I...she...she" I tried to say. I tried to talk but a sob was rising into my throat. Tears came spilling out. If it wasn't for Calvin I would just crumbled to the ground.

He instinctively grabbed my arms and pulled me close. He holds me in his arms until I find I way to compose myself. Well to the best of my ability.

I pull away a little and look up at him.

He wipes at me tear stricken face. Fear evident in his eyes.

Sam comes up behind Calvin. I see how panic stricken he is.

"What happened?!?" He demanded.

"I...I...well...Umm..."I tried to respond but the words wouldn't come out.

Sam's face went from sad to angry in an instant. If this were a cartoon then you would've seen steam come out his ears.

"You did this," he said under his breath.

"How could you. You did this to her. If you wouldn't have gone on that stupid date. And make her all stressed and stuff, She would be fine. But no you had to go on and be the dumb idiotic little oblivious girl you are and go. Didn't you? Huh? Well didn't you?"

"I...I'm s-sorry" was the only response I could get out.

" Are you though are you really" I had never seen Sam so mad before he has never said anything mean to me in his life. Or to anyone.

" Hey Hey Hey, you know that it's not her fault you might be mad but this doesn't have anything to do with Lyric."

"Oh what do you know brother. You are  clueless. Of course it her fault she ha-"

His sentence was interrupted by one the medics coming up to us.

"Who made the phone call?"he asked

"I did"

"Who are you to the patient?"

"Her sister"

"Where are your parents?"

"Work"I kept my answers short and simple because I could barely say anything.

"Would you like to ride with her?"

"Y-yes"

"Follow me then"

As I walked up there Sam glared at me and all I saw was pity in Calvin's face.

***

"Lyric,Lyric, Lyric wake up"

"Huh"

"It's time to get up Honey"

Once I fluttered my eyes open everything came flooding in.

Melody fainting and the ambulance and Sam and the way there and falling asleep. And now my parents sitting in front of me.

"What what happened to her?Do they know?" 

"Yes,sweetie she-she was well they say that someone may have poisoned her. Not enough to kill her. Just to hurt her."

"What why?"

"We don't know."

***

Sorry for the short chapter they will get better I promise.

               -J