.7

Melody's P.O.V.

As Calvin walked in Sam's emotions switched from joyous to worried in .3 seconds. Calvin stomps through the living room and pauses to glance at us. He then continues his obnoxious stomping all the up the stares.

He then disappears from sight, I turn and look at Sam. He looks worried. He IS worried and frankly, so am Cal never gets this mad. What could have possibly gone wrong. There is no way Lyric doesn't have feelings for him.

"I should go. Whatever happened was definitely with Lyric and I'm gonna go be a detective. I'll call you and tell you what's the deal is" I explain. I lean in and peck him in the lips before quickly grabbing my keys and purse of the coffee table.

I start zooming my way towards the exit of the house. Once outside I go to my car. While unlocking my car and getting in, my mind begins to race with all the possibilities of situations that could have happened.

Maybe she just doesn't like him and I never realized. Maybe she likes someone else. The possibility of that is very low though. I would have realized.

Once I begin to drive my nerves begin to calm. "Come on Ly, how could you do that to someone who cares about you so much" I mutter while lightly tapping the stirring wheel.

To keep my thoughts occupied, I turn on the radio. The song Breakeven by The Script comes on and I start belting the lyrics (pun intended).

As i'm driving, I slightly lean forward to get a glimpse of the sky. It seemed a bit gloomy. Maybe it'll rain. That's not a shocker.

As the final chorus of the song blares through my car, I get a notification. I grab my phone and take a glimpse of who it is and quickly identify is as Sam.

I ignore it and continue my quick yet sturdy path to home.

One arriving I sit in my car for a few seconds preparing myself for the things about to happen. I get out and walk towards the front door of our house. Before opening the door I take a deep breath.

Upon entering, I find a flustered Lyric, pacing around. I quietly close the door and walk closer towards her.

"Lyric what in the world happened. Sam and I were at his house and Calvin stormed in. He would talk to us either. He was furious" the words just spill out of my mouth.

She looks up. "I just got asked on a date."

And this one sentence seemed to piece everything together. Poor Calvin witnessed the girl he had caught feeling for, be taken away from him. Leading him into and emotional frenzy.

"Oh no, Lyric" I mumble. Her obliviousness has gotten to a horrible extent. My sister just had the biggest "blonde moment" of all time.

"Wait, did I do something wrong" she asks. A touch of innocence in her voice. The urge to yell was fighting its way up my throat.

I slightly clenched my fist before slowly talking through clenched teeth. "You are so stupid Lyric Marie. Someone does not randomly show up like that" I pause. Her face started to morph into a face of confusion.

"W-what" she began to question frantically before finally realizing something. "Oh no. He drove over here. Snuck in and then we had this intimate moment and I thought it was nothing. But then-" she goes on.

I clasp my hands in front of me and press my lips together. "I'm glad your smart enough to figure SOMETHING out Lyric..." and with that I walked out of the living room and into the kitchen to grab some food.