Chapter Eight

Gwen paced around the phone that was sitting on the coffee table, biting her nails.

Her heart felt like it was going to fall out her butt, and she could feel the redness on her cheeks intensify.

She calmed herself down, and finally picked the phone up.

"Hello?"

Hearing the voice on the other end made her mouth go dry.

"Gwen? Hey! How are you?"

She took a deep breath, "I'm fine. Trent why'd you call me?"

"I guess I just missed your voice. You busy today? Maybe we could go get some lunch at Manny's Diner. You always loved that place."

She heard him chuckle on the other end of the phone. Hearing his laugh made her smile, but at the same it made hot tears swell in her eyes.

"Yeah," She choked out, "What time?"

Two Hours Later

"There's no way!"

Trent nodded, "Yeah I know. One second I was on stage singing sappy love songs, the next I was dodging girls bra's and underwear."

Gwen couldn't believe she was sitting in front of the very man who ruined it all. But seeing him laugh, and smile made her forget everything that happened.

"So uh, how are you and Duncan? Still together?" Trent said before taking a sip of his ice water.

Gwen sighed, "Well we were fine. Then I told him about what happened and it's like he can't even look at me the same anymore."

She looked down, she knew it was her fault. But she also knew it was his.

Trent scoffed, "Seriously? It was three years ago. He needs to get over it."

Gwen shook her head, "No. He's just upset because I never told him about it till a few months ago. After that things have been horrible."

"So why don't you breakup with him?"

Gwen shot her head back up, "What? No! Look we can work through this, I know we can. Some dumb mistake I made three years ago shouldn't affect our future."

"Dumb mistake? That's what you call it?" Trent narrowed his eyebrows.

Gwen crossed her arms, "Yeah. A dumb, stupid, idiotic mistake."

Trent shrugged, "A dumb, stupid, idiotic mistake that lasted for two years. Does Duncan know that?"

Gwen could feel the lump in her throat, "No...Look can we talk about something else?"

"Why?"

Gwen looked at him with confusion, "What do you mean why? You know why!"

"It's not like you're talking about it with Bridgette. When was the last time you talked to Zoey?"

Gwen shrugged, "I don't know a few weeks. She's in Europe right now so."

"Exactly, my point is, you can't talk about this with anyone else. I'm not gonna be here for a while, so you might as well talk to me while you can."

Trent reached across the table and grabbed her cold, pale hand.

She nodded, "Not right here. It's too public."

"So then where?"

Gwen shrugged, "I don't know, how long are you in town?"

Trent smiled, "Two weeks."

"We can just figure something out before that then."

"Yeah," Trent squeezed her hand lightly, "I'd like that."