Chapter Nine

He stood outside his apartment door, knowing when he opened it there would be another argument waiting.

But instead, he was greeted by candles, roses, and Gwen in a beautiful lace dress.

She was wearing his favorite red lipstick, the black heels he had bought her, and a black, short lacy dress.

She looked gorgeous.

The floor had rose petals everywhere, and soft music was playing throughout the apartment.

He stood in there in awe as he looked around the apartment.

"Well? What do you think?" Gwen nervously asked.

Duncan looked at her, "It's...Great."

Gwen sighed and started walking closer to him, "I know we've been fighting a lot lately. And that's my fault. What I did was wrong, but i've changed. I'm not that stupid teenage girl anymore. I love you, Duncan. And nothing will ever change that."

She placed her hand on his cheek, admiring the teal eyes she had fallen in love with.

He gave her a faint hearted smile and pulled her closer, "I know. But I think we should talk."

She pulled away from him, "No. Not tonight, tonight is about us. I don't want to argue or fight anymore. I just want you, I want you to sleep in the same bed as me. I want to wake up laying on your chest, I want you to tell me you love me. I just want you."

Tears began to fall from her eyes. He knew she was in pain, but he also knew how he felt.

He took a deep breath and walked over to her. He put one hand on her waist, and the other on her neck to pull her closer.

They stared into each other's eyes, and then just like that, he placed his lips on hers.

Gwen slid his shirt up as he kissed her neck. She missed this, she missed being able to make love with the man she loved.

She missed holding him, and kissing him. She missed him.

Unfortunately, the night didn't go completely as she planned.

Afterwards they found themselves in bed, on the opposite sides, facing away from each other.

Gwen had imagined them cuddling, her laying on his chest while he played with her hair, him whispering in her ear about how much he loved her.

This was the first time they had had sex in two months, and he couldn't even look at her afterwards.

As she laid in bed with the covers pulled over her topless body, she stared at the wall infront of her. She turned around to look at him, but he continued to face away from her.

She laid back into her original spot, and felt tears swelling in her eyes.

"Duncan?"

"Yeah."

"I love you."

The room was silent for a moment, when he didn't answer she could feel her heart explo-

"I love you too."

should i keep putting music on the chapters? i just feel like it helps set the mood and everything so let me know also thanks for reading!!!!!