Discord

Two Years Later

                                                                                  Two Years Later

A firm push sent me stumbling backward on the grass, my bare feet slick against the dewy pasture. 

"Submit, Allegra." Sable Wolf commanded, his lip curled up as he bared his fangs at me me. His brown eyes were deep-set and as unwavering as they always were. This time he was not going to hold back-- he would not let the wolf get away with her blatant attempts to dominate him.

"I cannot submit to something weaker than I." I stated firmly, digging my toes into the soft soil at my feet. There were no words that could convince me to let him hold dominance over me; I was starting to mature, and my nature urged me to either seek out someone strong enough to follow or become the one who the weaker follow. 

As of now, there was no one my nature saw as strong enough. Even Mother Wolf was starting to lose the glow of strength my nature once idolized; though, my nature barred me from ever turning against our mother in such a way.  Mother Wolf would always remain a figure to cherish beyond any doubts. 

Sable Wolf growled low, his face morphing as his nature called him to change and force me into submission. Sable Wolf was alpha here, which meant that the Others were his pack. Mother Wolf was born of the Others, therefore we were also the Others. And Sable Wolf's nature demanded that all of the Others follow him, including me.

"Allegra," his voice was a garbled, half-snarl while his hands flexed the onslaught of claws, "submit...now!" His last word coming out nearly completely a growl.

I was being warned not to push, to just give in before he had to take action. It was probably one of the last things Sable Wolf wanted to do, even if I had had it a longtime coming. I saw Mother Wolf, approaching me, out of the corner of my gaze. 

I dared not turn my eyes from Sable Wolf when he was so dangerously close to being wolf. 

She kept her distance, but I knew her face was riddled with concern. She understood that this was between only Sable Wolf and I; nevertheless, her nature urged desperately to protect her pup. I was regretful that she had to experience such grief as this, but I was not totally without relief knowing that she would defend me if need be. 

"Lu, please... she's still young." My mother pleaded, her round eyes soft and watery as she began to stare at Sable Wolf's face. Lu, or Luciano: the birth name given to Sable Wolf. Birth names were too much of a hassle for me to use for wolves whose names I had already decided on my own.

Mother Wolf's voice must have calmed Sable Wolf's nature enough to allow his maw to return to a mouth. "Amari, be quiet. Your pup must learn her place now--- she is disturbing the rest of the pack into discord. It must end today." 

Mother Wolf's eyes turned to me. She would not beg me to submit, for she understood it was not something I could control. My nature would need taming if it were to submit to anyone besides a worthy opponent.