f e n r i r

I burst into consciousness with a snarl, my pupils most-likely blown out with the loathing that coursed through my veins

I burst into consciousness with a snarl, my pupils most-likely blown out with the loathing that coursed through my veins. I felt my nails sharpening; turning to claws beneath as I pictured tearing that bastard's life vein out with my half-wolf hands. My teeth gnashed together as I looked about my plain denroom, my eyes gazes over the shelves littered with a few skulls of rabbits and dear that I had kept as small trophies; meanwhile my brain was scrambling to compensate for my foggy memory. 

Why was I here?

My ears rang as a shriek rang through the cottage; instantly I was on my toes and practically ripping the door off its hinges as my instinct shoved my confusion to the back of my mind and had me fully in a mode of protection. 

Malakai was running around the table, his eyes wide and mouth agape as a large figure loomed after him. 

As quick as a fox would pounce upon a wounded sparrow, I dashed over and plucked Malakai up into my arms, pressing him to my chest as I squared off against the male in front of me. Instantly Malakai latched onto me, yet he did not whimper into my neck, but merely giggled and turned to stare at the loathsome creature before me.

"Allegra, we were playin!" he giggled as he stared at the side of my face, though I dared not remove my eyes from the imposing male in front of me.

Suddenly memories flooded my delirious mind and I shifted Malakai to one arm as my other hand clutched at my stinging neck. He marked me. 

Mother Wolf immediately made her presence known behind me as she slid to my right, her body a few feet away. I knew she would not have left her young alone with this male for long. I slid Malakai down my body til his small feet hit the floor. 

                He clutched on to my leg for a moment, shifting uneasily against me before I slowly pet his head and muttered, "Go to Mother Wolf."

            He looked up at me, and this time I disengaged my eyes from grey ones and replaced them with the hazel eyes of my brother, whose bottom lip was protruding in a pout. 

        "B-but we was jus' play--"

"Malakai, now." Mother Wolf interrupted, her presence slowly leaking from within. 

Malakai obeyed with no further objections and sulked over to his mother, allowing her to pick him up and take a few steps back.

My eyes immediately snapped back to him. My lip curled over my blunt, human teeth. I was challenging the place he had put me in only a few hours ago. My nature battled with something new inside me, and I could feel the internal struggle playing out just beneath my skin.

His eyes narrowed, thick brows dragging over his frosty eyes. A human growl rumbled from his broad chest, out-matching the dim one that had surfaced with the baring of my teeth. He took one step forward, and I watched the sinew and muscle bulge and flex beneath his skin; rippling like the tide as if he were an ocean and his muscles were just the waves crashing and pushing him ahead.