¹¹ | c o d d i w o m p l e

(v) to travel in a purposeful manner towards a vague destination

It had been three days since she left Treliron and she was several hours into Gwahan territory

It had been three days since she left Treliron and she was several hours into Gwahan territory. She hated Zane for keeping things from her, but she hated him even more for wanting to keep her and break their agreement just because of rumours of Gwahan's massing of forces.

She knew her life would be in danger if she went back, but she did not have to tell Zane that. It would only give him more legitimacy to keep her. But she had to do something. She would never let that bitch witch Amira to take over Gwahan and ruin everything. She would not let another massacre take place.

One hope was still in her, though - Adam. Zane did not know if he was still alive, but Raneem was almost certain he still was. The man was a pillar to all who can take arms in Gwahan - from the army to the guerilla warriors. His support of her would mean that Amira would coalesce all the fighting men of the country, and in his death, the guerillas would start attacking the capital. And there have been no reports of such a threat yet.

Another thing that she was certain of was that Amira would not hesitate to kill her. She would be a stumbling block to her newfound power.

Her hand involuntarily went to the diamond necklace Zane had given her as if seeking its protection

Her hand involuntarily went to the diamond necklace Zane had given her as if seeking its protection. He had all but pleaded for her to take it so that when she was in dire straits, he could aid her as he could channel his magic through it.

"And I will see whatever you see, if you permit it," he had said in a tight voice.

The knowledge that precious stones were used to channel magic and see things shocked her. Although he swore that he never looked into his room through the crystalline ornaments that decorated it, the thought that he could have seen her in the throes of passion had made her blush. And she was still blushing at the thought.

No! She shook her head violently. How could she even think of such things when he kept from her what he knew for three days? Who knew how much damage the bitch witch had done in the days she had not acted? It was what was important. Not Zane and his eyes that could have been voyeuristically savoring her. Not his maddening touches or the kisses that put her body on fire and made her burn with feverish need for him.