¹⁴ | a m a r a n t h i n e

(adj.) Undying, immortal, eternally beautiful

) Undying, immortal, eternally beautiful

WARNING: A cute romantic scene ahead.

Raneem's pink, swollen lips haunted him. The image burned deep into his mind after kissing her three times. He wanted more because - fuck it! - that was all they ever did. Once by the lake, another at the treetops and once in his room. He was going delirious with need and he was still far from even having the rights to touching her ample breasts.

Who had ever heard of an elf going for two seasons in his mating year without sex? The longest he had heard of one without going on an animalistic rage of lust was seven days. And he had gone far longer than seven days - with a constant temptation dangling itself in front of him. Sometimes, he could think of nothing but tying her up and claiming her, and to hell what her protestations might be. But he could not because she was a fucking virgin. A virgin without a barrier if she always rode astride as she did now. And her deftness at riding suggested that she always rode astride - and frequently.

Perhaps it would not be too bad for him to push himself into her...

He noticed Adam's horse slow and shut down his thoughts about her. The man was observant and protective - a dangerous combination in a father. If he did not guard himself, the man would know the sick and dirty designs he had for his daughter. Probably sick and dirty to the old man but to him, he was only imagining heaven.

"My lord prince," he began showing no signs he knew of whatever was in Zane's mind, "I cannot thank you enough for your aid."

"You can thank me if we succeed. To be honest, I still do not approve of this. Have you tried talking her out of it?"

Adam chuckled. "I see you have not heard of the legendary hard-headedness that courses through her mother's family. To try and make them see other things than what they have set their minds on is an effort of epic proportions. And one with a lower will than them would fold without question. As I did." He looked beyond and smiled remembering a distant memory. "I remember her mother. She loved the king with a passion, but the problem of his impotence proved to be too great for her to ignore. Snuck into my chambers the moment the opportunity presented itself, she did. I was not exactly reluctant when she demanded intercourse, and I was much younger, then. To bed a queen was frightening, but also impossible to refuse. Only after that one night did she and I become friends and I've always bent to her wishes, no matter how much older and more seasoned I grew. You must prepare yourself for much bending if you wish to have Raneem."

Zane choked on nothing in surprise. The man knew his intentions? Although, perhaps, he should not be surprised. He was her father and she could have told him. Or word of his near-demise at her parting could have reached him. Either way, he felt that the news reached her father too soon. It was one thing to be much older than the man, but it was quite another when the younger man was the father of the object of his desires. He could not stop acting like he was hundreds of years younger!