²¹ | n e p e n t h e

(n.) Something that makes you forget grief or suffering

Raneem wrung her hands as she waited for Zane to near the castle

Raneem wrung her hands as she waited for Zane to near the castle. He had been gone for almost a season and she missed him so very badly. In truth, she wanted to curl up to him for a whole night then confess her nightly activities with Leanne and Lucas. She shuddered, remembering and tried not to.

Half the time she found herself failing miserably to keep her eyes on Leanne and Lucas, a third of it, she spent learning how to hold...parts properly with Leanne's guidance and the artificial parts she had made. The rest of the time, she flew out of her own solar feeling the intimacy between them become too private and intrusive. Especially when they were at the throes of passion.

Gods help her! She could not get the sounds they made out of her head!

All of that was for Zane. It was embarrassing and quite gut twisting to make herself go through with her...lessons, but she did. The worst she could do was disappoint Zane when the time comes. She wanted him to enjoy the experience.

Fuck me! I can't compare to the she-elves he had.

Her back stiffened as a knock on the door came in and the door cracked open enough for Lucas to announce, "The prince has arrived."

"Bring them to the grand hall. I will meet them there."

Raneem let out a breath she did not know she was holding. Zane was here. Her heart hammered against her chest. The days she spent without Zane had made her wander to thoughts about children. Would he be interested in playing the role of the father? She remembered that he said he had fathered children he never knew. Would he be just as apathetic to theirs? It did not seem like he cared a whit for children. And the thought scared her.

She took a deep breath. The bridge will be crossed when she got there. For the moment, she had to remember everything that Leanne taught her. She closed her eyes as she headed out of her rooms to the grand hall – only to fling open again. Leanne never told her when to do the things she suggested! She groaned. How on earth did it come easy for Leanne, Shanel and even Zane? She did not even know the difference between flirting and talking. They were the same thing to her! How was she to flirt with Zane if she didn't know the difference?

The doors to the great hall were before her and she steeled herself. None of that! Just a sway of the hips and stolen glances. That was all she was going to employ for now. By the gods, it was going to be difficult to keep herself from staring at Zane! She took a deep breath and sauntered in. Gods! She hoped she did not look like a fool!

The elves were all gathered there with Adam, chatting a while. Hanging at Zane's shoulder was a she-elf she had never seen or met before. Seeing Zane letting her hang onto him like that knotted her insides with jealousy. Who was that she-elf? She wanted to wring her neck, but restrained herself and exuded the aura of the queen that she was.