chapter 1: HART COTTAGE

THE SMALL WAVES CRASHED against the shore outside the Hart's small home, Sybil Hart was trying to get her daughter to sleep

THE SMALL WAVES CRASHED against the shore outside the Hart's small home, Sybil Hart was trying to get her daughter to sleep. The resistance had been going on for quite some time now, but the little girl refused to shut her eyes, even at the expense of her exhausted mother. At this point Sybil was overtired and her eyelids were fluttering to stay awake with the energetic four year old bouncing around the room.

"Please Mum, tell me the story one more time!" Cecilia begged jumping on her bed and rolling with enthusiasm.

"One last time and then you must sleep dear" Sybil laid her daughter down, as she continued to fidget.

Excitement laced the small girls voice as she thanked her mother many times over, her smile growing.

"Where shall I start?" Sybil sat down beside her.

"When you first saw them, the colors" Cecilia smiled.

"Alright," Sybil looked down at the girl who was waiting with wide eyes,"I visiting London for the winter holiday. My mother, your grandmother let me roam the shops alone for a while. I was walking down the street not paying attention, when i bumped into something. Well that something was your father. It started off with just a small flash of color. I saw his brown eyes."

"What color are my eyes Mum?" Cecilia questioned pointing to her face, fluttering her eyelids and opening them wide.

"Brown. A warm brown with hints of green, identical to your fathers I'd say. So much love you have in your eyes" Sybil ran a hand lovingly along her daughters small face.

"What was the next color you saw?" The small girl questioned further, not satisfied by the simple explanation.

"Blue, I saw the sky after our first date" Sybil smiled running her finger through her daughters hair,"Some come faster than others, slowly or all at once, but red, red is my favorite"

"Red?" Cecilia looked confused,"Why red?"

"I saw it on a very special day in my life and it just stuck," Sybil smiled,"I'm sure you'll love it when you see it"

The small girl yawned, nodding,"When will I see the colors Mum? All I see is the black and white" She pointed around the room to what she saw drained of color.

"It might be a while, but when you find your soulmate, your perfect match" Sybil paused,"You'll see every color you can possibly imagine"

"Every color?"

"Every color"

The small girl furrowed her brows in thought, trying to imagine what a color could possibly look like.

"What color is your hair?" Cecilia grabbed one of her mothers locks of hair.

"Blonde" Sybil explained.

"What color is your shirt?"

"Yellow"

"What color is that?" Cecilia pointed across the room.

"What?"

"That!" Cecilia pointed.

"What dear?" Sybil tried to make out what her daughter was pointing out, while Cecelia sat getting more frustrated by the minute.

As Sybil continued to be confused, a small toy fell from Cecilia's dresser and began floating.

"That" Cecilia finally huffed.

"Red" Sybil sat, shocked,"Did you do that?" She turned to her daughter.

"Make it float?" Cecilia looked at her mother nonchalant,"I've done it before"

"Cecilia Hart! You haven't told me that" Sybil crossed her arms.

"I thought it was normal, you do things with your stick" The small girl shrugged up at her mother, mimicking wand motions with her hands.

"Wand dear, my wand"

"Wand, stick same thing" Cecilia giggled.

Still in shock from her daughters actions, Sybil felt a small swell of pride in her chest. This meant Cecilia was taking after her mother. Sybil was a witch, but her husband however was not. So Sybil was completely prepared for her daughter to take after him, just like she did everything else. The mother had secretly been hoping for this moment since she found out she was pregnant, what felt like a long 4 years ago. Theodore Hart, however didn't quite understand the wizarding world that well, so when Sybil walked out of their daughters room after putting her to sleep, announcing she was a witch was a surprise to say the least. Theo, of course was very supportive of his wife and now his daughters magical involvement, but he'd be lying if he said he wasn't fascinated by their abilities. When Theodore Hart found out his wife was witch, it was two days after their wedding. He was shocked, but so in love with his new wife he couldn't care less. Theodore and Sybil were soulmates, they saw colors in a world that was black and white. They were soulmates in a world of witch and muggle.

Their story was highly requested when bedtime came for their daughter Cecilia, every night she would ask for that story. As Cecilia grew older, the more questions she had. The more questions she had, the less prepared her parents were answer them.

The only time she wasn't asking about colors, she was asking about magic. She was always curious about what made the world turn. Sybil was happy to answer her multiple inquires, but when she would ask Theodore there wasn't much he could answer. By the time Cecilia was eleven she was more than ready to attend Hogwarts. Being the smart little girl she was, she spend the summer before hand reading through all the books her mother had bought for her, memorizing each page by the word.

"You're going to need reading glasses if you set your face any closer to that book Cecilia" Theodore yawned taking a sip of his morning coffee.

"I need to learn it, being closer helps" She retorted.

"Don't say I didn't warn you, magic doesn't fix everything" Her father warned.

"Don't listen to him" Sybil laughed smacking the top of his head with his Sunday newspaper,"But you don't need to know everything dear, that's what school is for after all"

"But I want to know everything," Cecilia sighed,"I have so many questions, and if I want them answered I need to know what I'm talking about"

"You can always ask me" Sybil encouraged, joining her family at the table.

"No offense Mom, but you're not exactly a Hogwarts professor" Cecilia went back to reading.

"None taken" Sybil raised her brows to look at Theodore, who just chuckled to himself.

"Eat your breakfast Cecilia" Theodore said after a few minutes of watching his daughter scan pages.

"Just let me finish this chapter" Cecilia kept reading.

ahh finally! I've been working with this story for a while and I'm finally getting around to publishing it! I hope you all love Cecilia as much as I do, and continue to read this story.

xoxo