chapter 7: BLUE AND BRONZE

"Professor!" Cecilia called down the corridor as she saw the women step into her classroom

"Professor McGonagall!"

The witch turned as smiled as Cecilia jogged to catch up with her.

"I do hope you aren't running after those Weasley twins" McGonagall grinned as Cecilia furiously shook her head.

"No, but I do have some questions to ask you"

"About?" McGonagall pushed up her glasses as she sat at her desk.

"It's about colors" Cecilia paused.

"Pertaining to?"

"The houses" Cecilia finished,"Do you know what color represents each?"

"I do" The woman nodded.

"Could you possibly tell me?" Cecilia asked with a glint of excitement in her eyes.

"I presume you don't particularly know what they look like, but I will tell you the names" Cecilia nodded as the woman continued.

"Hufflepuff, yellow and black"

Cecilia quickly grabbed paper and took notes in her neat cursive.

"Slytherin, green and silver"

"Gryffindor, red and gold"

Cecilia was beyond herself at the combinations, trying to picture them anyway she could.

"And finally Ravenclaw, blue and bronze"

"Blue and bronze" Cecilia repeated happily.

"Indeed" McGonagall smiled at the girl's pure happiness.

"You've seen them?" Cecilia asked, before realizing it was a very personal question,"O-oh I'm sorry that's extremely personal."

"Not a problem Miss Hart, I have seen them."

"Have?" Cecilia asked quietly.

"He died some time ago," McGonagall paused,"He was quite a man"

"So, you mean to tell me that when your soulmates die, the colors go away?" Cecilia was astonished.

"Thats what happens yes" McGonagall gave a sad smile.

"That sounds horrible" Cecilia breathed.

"That's life my dear" McGonagall comforted,"But I do believe it is past curfew"

"Of course" Cecilia stood up and began to walk out.

"Miss Hart"

"Yes?" Cecilia turned.

"You've got a good head on your shoulders. You'll find your soulmate and when you do, don't be foolish. Don't hesitate, let the love consume you. Enjoy every minute you have with them."