CHAPTER 20: VERY BAD WHISPERERS

"So Hagrid's tonight?" Harry whispered, not so quietly

"Yep." Hermione nodded in response, her bushy hair bouncing back and forth.

"Yeah that's not happening"

Ron, Harry and Hermione whipped their heads around, Hermione's hair flying into Ron's mouth making him swat it away with a gross look.

"Hi Cecilia." Harry tried to changed the topic as fast as he could.

"Mhm Hi Harry, you're still not going to Hagrid's" The girl crossed her arms.

"Come on, you're supposed to be the cool one." Ron pouted with his bottom lip out.

"I am." Cecilia furrowed her brows, "But not this time."

"Why not?" Harry frowned, his glasses falling low on his nose.

"There's a killer on the loose!" Cecilia whispered harshly, "Don't think I didn't hear about him breaking into Gryffindor tower!"

"Cecilia please, it's for Buckbeak."

The girl felt her heart soften slightly, for she had seen the poor creature on the grounds. He had always seemed friendly and Cecilia knew Hagrid had a soft spot for him.

"I swear, you three will be the death of me." She groaned, rubbing her temple.

"So does that mean we can go?" Ron asked.

"It means I'm coming with you." Cecilia settled with a confident look.

»»-------------¤-------------««

Hours had past since Cecilia left the Great Hall. She had been twiddling her thumbs all day, worrying about the poor creature down at Hagrids. She hated it admit it but the trio was right, she cared too much and didn't want the creature to die in vain.

"What's got your robes in a bunch?" Evan plopped down next to Cecilia in their usual spot in the library.

"Nothing." Cecilia mumbled, putting her hand beneath the table.

"Your favorite Ravenclaw has arrived!" Willa came in, sitting opposite the two with a cheeky smile.

"My favorite Ravenclaw was already here." Evan laughed, nodding his head to Cecilia.

"That one really hurt Evankins." Willa stuck her tongue out, "I'm your favorite Ravenclaw right Cec?"

"Actually I think my favorite Ravenclaw is Cho." Cecilia teased, knowing her connection with Cedric.

"I hate both of you immensely."

"Nice vocab." Evan and Cecilia said in unison, then turning to each other and laughing.

Only minutes with her friends made her feel so much better. She decided not to tell them about tonight, she figured it wouldn't be a big deal anyway. Plus they would want to come, that would make getting caught an extra risk she didn't want to take. Cecilia had been taking seemingly more risks than she was comfortable with this year.

"Cece." A hushed voice came from behind a book case.

The girl flinched and turned but didn't see anyone before turning back.

"Cece." It came again only louder, "Good Merlin just come here."

Cecilia knew exactly who the voice was and excused her self to walk around the large shelves with a huff.

"Took you long enough." Fred and George smiled as the girl approached them.

"I was shocked, you two never come to the library." She shot back with a knowing look.

"True," George nodded as did Fred.

"That's why we are being stealthy." Fred finished.

"Yeah okay." Cecilia mused her gaze bouncing between the two.

"Besides the point we wanted to tell you something."

"What?" She crossed her arms.

"So we gave Harry a map." Fred said pausing.

"Okay what's wrong with a map?" Cecilia scrunched her brows.

"Well it kinda shows where everyone you could possibly imagine in Hogwarts are where they are."

"Stalker-ish, But not life threatening." Cecilia shrugged, surprised they didn't tell something worse.

"Just wanted to let you know." George sighed, "Now we gotta get outta here."

"We've got a reputation to uphold." Fred laughed as they walked by, "Ta ta."