chapter twenty seven

I didn't know what to say... He was looking up at me with a nervous smile on his face.
"Uh sure... I guess," I say looking around to see everyone watching us.
His nervous smile slowly turned into a happy grin as he slipped the ring onto my finger. After that he wrapped his arms around me and pressed a kiss to my lips. Then he sat back down in his seat and ate his desert, while I took small bites and pushing some around. He looked over at me a worried look on his face. I gave him a smile to let him know I was ok and I took a bit of the dessert.

After we finished dessert Luke took me home. He went upstairs to our shared room and closed the door. I stayed downstairs and went to get a cup of water. I guess I'm getting married now... To a guy who was with my best friend when I met him, to be honest I feel a little weird about this, he probably does too but I don't know .

I felt arms go around me and I looked up to see Luke.

"Hey babe,"he said kissing me.
"Hey...,"I said quietly.
"You ok?,"he asked.
I nodded and turned to face him.
"Do you really want to marry me?,"I asked him.
"Why would you ask that? Of course I do. Wouldn't of asked you if I didn't want to marry you,"he says starting me dead in the eye.
"Ok I was just wondering,"I say looking away from his burning stare.
"Do you want to marry me?,"he asked.