。* .Chapter 7*.。

The pinkette looked at the bed in front of her with a sad expression all over her face. The redhead was unconsciously lying with a slight tensed look visible on his features. Itachi was sitting beside Sakura staring in space. It was time he asked her a few questions.

"How did the fight start?"

The raven asked calmly and the pinkette immediately looked at him as he broke the silence.

"The fight? It all started when Howaito caught me and started to take in my blood. I tried my best to break free but he was just too powerful, so I murmured Sasori's name for help; I don't know why I even thought of it, but after that he showed out of no where firstly breaking Howaito's contact from my hand. I mentally thanked him for letting me free, but he just started to get mad and h—his eyes got really different... he magically summoned a sword and went after the other guy. Then the fight got violent."

She said as her tensed expression got worse while remembering how Sasori got hurt. Itachi absorbed the information and nodded.

"Did Howaito tried to hurt you?"

"Yes, he came after me and attempted to attack me with his weapons but Sasori t—took the shot i—instead. H—He should've let me die... I caused so much trouble."

She managed to horsely whisper the last part as tears made way through her eyes. Itachi looked at her with widened eyes as she wiped her tears away with the back of her hands.

"Sasori is an intelligent guy, he won't make foolish decisions. He took the attack for you because wanted you to live. Also, he won't clearly die. Vampires heal quickly than normal people do and injuries like these wouldn't ever cause deaths, unless you get stabbed through the heart that is."

Itachi said solemnly and met the pinkette's eyes which were as wide as saucers.

"Y—You mean he will hopefully survive?"

She asked with slight contentment in her voice.

"Yes, he will; I'm fully sure, though it might take days for the wound to heal completely."

She slightly smiled as she learned the fact that he won't die so easily. Being a vampire does has its benefits doesn't it?

"Itachi-kun, can I ask you something?"

He closed his eyes and she took it as a sign for continuation.

"Are you a vampire too?"

"Yes."

He mumbled and her eyes widened.

"T—Then, Sasuke-kun's one t—too?!"

"Not exactly, I along with my father were forced to become these vicious beings. We aren't pure-bloods and somethings get a little complex for us, like we have to face a certain change produced in our bodies."

She drank the information in and nodded. So maybe that explains Sasuke's weird hatred for Itachi... maybe he was trying to protect her from Sasori because he had some unknown fear from his vampire brother.

"O—Oh, what is this change?"

"The canines enlarge a little, our body temperature gets different. We have to adapt to certain atmospheres and we learn how to survive with different amounts of blood. Our skin can get unearthly sensitive. Sometimes if we aren't strong enough to face the change, we die leaving everything behind. But most of us can possibly survive, like I did."