Chapter 14

She ran as fast as her legs could carry her. The darkness which surrounded her completely was previously bugging her to no end, but now finally she was starting to see a little. She recognized that she was stuck in an unknown place which was still a little sinister and dim. Well, she didn't even know where she was going. She just kept running where her mind told her to go. She suddenly saw some dark crimson liquid on the ground beneath her feet which made her jump in shock. As she jumped she felt some drops of the liquid bounce from the impact and stick onto her leg. She recognized the smell and the liquid as blood.

So much blood... Where did it all even come from?

Her eyes widened in all that confusion. To finish that perplexity she walked further automatically. Slowly, she approached the place she wished she never had. A faint ray of light fell on two corpses lying on top of each other. She recognized the bodies immediately and to her utmost horror it was the people whom she treasured the most, her parents lying in the vast pool of blood.

Tears gathered in the corner of the pinkette's green orbs and her lips quivered in fright. 'How was all of this even happening?' It was so unreal, the bizarre sight in front of her cowering form. Then away from the ray of light, she spotted a pair of familiar eyes.

"Sasori..." she mumbles hoarsely as tears flowed freely down her cheeks. The said person walked towards the rosette with a malicious grin on his face along with a set of glowing auburn eyes. His face had blood splattered all over it and the clothes too; he held a katana in his hand and neared towards her.

"Did you call me, dear?" He asked in an overly sweet tone which completely freaked her out. She wanted to scream as loudly as she could but she wasn't able to. The shock was too much to bear. The rosette was scared... How could the person whom she just started to trust with the bottom of her heart do this to her?

She whimpered and backed away as the redhead came nearer and nearer. Her body shivered in fear and she couldn't do anything. She just stood there till he was completely close, right in front of her vulnerable figure.

He neared his face towards her exposed neck and mercilessly bit it with his sharp fangs. She shivered and whimpered in pain while the redhead continued to enjoy everything that was taking place to the full extent.

"Oh Sakura..." he mumbled and sadistically chuckled. He softly repeated her name again and stopped torturing her and slightly backed away. He immediately groped her arms and shook her violently which scared the life out of her.

"...Sakura, wake up."

Her eyes snapped open and she saw the red haired guy from her nightmares right in front of her. She screamed at him, "Murderer," and backed away as quickly as she could. Sakura took heavy breaths and her eyes were full of tears, she wasn't able to grasp the situation at all.

"Hey... You were muttering all sorts of weird stuff which I couldn't put my finger to."

Sasori spoke up explaining what he experienced at 3:46 AM. Who was she referring to as a murderer though? It must be him because the way she was glaring with sweat all over her face and a scared expression showed enough proof. It made him feel like a monster.

Not really knowing how to comfort someone, he moved his hand in her direction but it made her flinch and back away further. He gave a tensed expression and moved closer while gripping his hands on her shoulder forcefully.

"What's wrong Sakura?" He spoke softly which made her terrified eyes calm a little, but the scene she experienced in her nightmare still fresh in her mind which didn't help much.

"M-My parents... You finished them off a-and..."