Prologue

Each day she got worse and soon enough she started to cough up blood. She had been infected with the virus and has been suffering from the side effects, but knew she didn't have much longer to live. A year before the virus hit, the women gave was pregnant and gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. She grew fearful for her daughters life, but at the same time she was one to only care for herself.

She was a selfish women indeed. She loved her daughter, but clearly not enough to care.

She watched as her daughter sleeper in her torn crib, taking a nap. She watched her baby sleep soundly, but soon felt a sneeze coming on. She quickly ran away from her child, not wanting to sneeze on her. She sneezed in her hand and sighed when she saw the red blood. She wiped her mouth and nose with her clothing. This was not the first time she has sneezed or coughed up blood. It happens everyday.

She looked back at her daughter and kept hearing voices in her head. The father of her child, also her husband died. And ever since he died she has changed. A month after she died, she found out she was a month pregnant. She grew depressed and soon lost all life in her eyes. She was not like she use to be. And her baby girl had no idea what was even going on, which made it even harder. She never even names her daughter, she only called her an 'it' around people.

The voices in her head took over her mind. This always happened. The voices alway came back to haunt her and tell her to do horrible things. For example, right now, the voice told her to do something no would even think to do.

She looked to her side and saw the wooden box. She looked back at her child and without thinking, walked up to the crib. She gently picked up her baby, not wanting to wake her up. She quickly back over to the box and soon the voices in her head became louder, then started chanting. She grabbed a blanket and place it in the box. She looked down at the baby in her arms.

The without hesitation she placed her daughter in the box gently, then closed it, locking the latch was on the box. She looked to the side and saw small holes and also saw some of the lid. The women nodded, happy the baby can at least breath.

She picked up the box and left the abandoned house she stayed at. She walked down the sidewalk, the rain heavily pouring down on her, getting her clothing and hair wet. She heard a whimper from inside the box and started rocking it gently.

"Shhh it's ok..." She said lightly.

She kept walking down the sidewalk and soon saw the crowd of people. Some had food stands others had water stand. The rest wanted to but it, some were lucky, others weren't. She past many people quickly, not wanting them to get suspicious of her. Just as she was about to leave the crowd an elder women stopped her.

"Would you like to buy some fruit? I have plenty here-"

The women gulped and shook her head quickly, "N-No thank you..." Then she walked of quickly, not making any eye contact with anyone. When she left the crowded building, then started walking towards the bridge that was near. She knew there was a river there, a strong river that could pull anything along.

Once she was finally at the bridge, she walked down the small girl to the water cheating it splashing against the surface. With the rain the room we was even stronger and deeper. She looked back down at the box and could feel tears in her eyes, but the voices got louder in her head.

LET HER GO! A voice shouted and without thinking she threw the box in the river gently.

It took a moment for her to realize what she had done and then she began to panic. She cried and tried to grab the box, but was already being carried away by the river. She screamed and cried, but soon the box was already out of sight.

She fell to the floor in tears, but then started coughing, a lot. Blood spurred out of her mouth and her breathing was staggered. Her throat starting aching and so did her chest. She kept coughing, but soon her breathing was quiet and short. She looked up at the sky and mentally apologized to her daughter.

Then took one last breath.